*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147928-Anniversary
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2147928
The Gift of Love= AScream!!! Win

Anniversary


"Jenny, I don't want to fight anymore. It is our anniversary. Come on, ten years of marriage is a milestone." Marcus spoke to his wife trying to cajole her into a better mood. Marcus hated arguing with his wife. Currently, the argument was about the manner that they would celebrate their anniversary. Jenny was convinced that he had forgotten the date. He would prove her very wrong tonight and give her the perfect gift.

"Those are just words. Admit it, you forgot." Jenny whined.

Marcus smiled, "Listen to me. I did not forget. I have big plans for tonight. I don't want to spoil the surprise. Okay?" He batted his eyes in hopes of convincing her.

"These big plans of yours, should I dress up?' Jenny said as her mood relented.
.
"Yes, a fancy restaurant."

Marcus was actually excited about his evening plans. He was going to make a blow for all mankind He had worked on the present for the last six months. The gift would wait until they were home alone.

As a couple, they enjoyed a fine dinner of Italian cuisine. Marcus gave his wife his full attention. The evening was filled with love and romance.

On returning home, Marcus lit a fire and dimmed the lights. He was so excited about giving her the gift.

Marcus was first to present his gift. He was like a kid in a candy store, in his excitement... He pulled a large wooden box from his hiding spot.

"Jenny, this gift is very special. It is proof that I listen to you, even when you think that I don't. I have gathered items to prove I am a wonderful and thoughtful husband. Here is the proof that all husbands, do actually listen to their spouses."

"Excuse me?"

"Do you remember telling me about the teenager at McDonald's being rude to you? And the lady at the bank who treated you badly? The lady at church made a snippy remark about your outfit? Well, this box atones for the insults against you I have heard all of your complaints for the last six months. I chose to be your knight in shining armor, my love."


"Marcus, you are being very mysterious.'

"I chose to defend my lady's honor and present her with trophies of our victory."


A large red ribbon adorned the box. She lifted the lid slowly In the box were individually wrapped presents with tags attached.

The tag read," In memory of the mailman who didn't deliver the package on time."

Jenny opened the brightly wrapped package to reveal the severed head of a man that she barely knew. One package contained the ears of the lady at church. Jenny recognized the earrings. Another box revealed two floating eyeballs, the eyes of the bank teller. All the body parts of offending people were represented.

Jenny screamed, a frightful scream. "Marcus, you really do listen to me. I love you so much."


Word count 497

© Copyright 2018 L.A. Grawitch (lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147928-Anniversary