*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148102-Not-Good-Enough
Rated: E · Draft · Experience · #2148102
It is truly saddening how much pressure society puts on us to be perfect.
You're not good enough says a voice in my head. I hear that voice a lot, all the time, everywhere I go. It consumes my life. It tells me that I'm not good enough, not pretty enough, not skinny enough, not funny enough, that no one will ever love me.

In this world, you believe that you're not worth anything if you don't have big boobs, a nice butt, a flat stomach, a tiny waist, and a gap between your thighs. People today don't care about your personality, they care if you look like a supermodel. But even supermodels don't look the way they do naturally. There's plastic surgeries, photoshop, boob jobs, lip injections, extreme workouts, crash diets, and now there are even devices that are in no way comfortable but are used for the sole purpose of making you look skinnier.

Everywhere you look, you see ads for weight loss products, diets, workout equipment, and exercise videos, saying you can have a bikini body or you can feel confident in your body, but feeling confident in your body isn't about losing weight, confidence is something mental, not something you get from a workout video.

When you see all this stuff, you start to believe it, and you can either fight it or give in. Fighting it is your best option, but it's difficult, because the more you hear something, the easier it is to believe that it's true, even if it's not.

Just like if someone told you that a movie was really good. It's only one person, so you don't think about it too much, but if several people tell you it's a good movie, and you see reviews online and ads on T.V. won't you be curious? Won't you start to believe it's a good movie, even if it isn't really? You'd believe that it really is a good movie, and go see it, only to find out that it's not good at all, and you believed something that wasn't true just because you heard about it from several people, saw reviews online, and adds on T.V.

Now not to say that you shouldn't eat healthily or work out, but you shouldn't allow these outside pressures to determine your happiness or how you feel about yourself because honestly, It's nobody's business but yours how you feel about yourself in your body, and yes that's easier said than done, believe me I know.

I know how It feels to be scared of wearing a bathing suit, to be scared of having your picture taken, to feel like no matter what you do, you're never going to be good enough, to be so worried about what other people think, that you lose yourself, but you need to realize something, trying so hard to be someone you're not, starving yourself to be someone you're not, won't do you any good, because even if people like you, they won't like the real you. They'll like a broken, starving version of you that's trying to be someone else. But you need to find people that truly care about the real you and then you'll be able to see that you truly are good enough.
© Copyright 2018 Gracie Love (gglove03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148102-Not-Good-Enough