*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148805-Dear-Sis
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2148805
fanfiction.
Dear Sis,
I pray this finds one well. Things are calm here right now, tomorrow is when the fighting should get real. They are having us push the Brown Coats out of Serenity Valley. Don’t know why the Alliance can’t just let these folks be. Give my love to all.
Dear Sis,
I pray this finds one well. After two weeks we still have not taken the valley. Them Brown Coats are dug in hard. Heard you was getting married, might so that myself if I make it out of this valley. The Alliance just extended my tour, sign up before the draft and only do one cruise they told me, No wonder the Brown Coats don’t want to join up with the Alliance.
Sis,
They gave me a new job since I was shot; I’m now on the parts team. What we do is go pick up the parts of the men and women killed in action. It was me that found Joey Hicks’ foot. That’s all there was left, a dang foot. Still can’t suss out why this valley is worth Joey’s life much less the 3000 others who have died trying to take it from the Brown Coats.
Sis,
The leaders of the Brown Coats have cried Uncle, just wish they would tell these folk in the valley. Met me a Sgt Reynolds today, Balls and Bayonets Brigade. He was just kneeling in a foxhole with his men and women. He had just heard of the surrender.
Dear Sis,
Guess I am a lifer now, not much use for a one legged boy on the farm anyway. Stationed out here on the rings of Saturn is to quiet. Ran into Sgt Reynolds again today at the fulling dock, but it’s Caption now. He got himself a boat Firefly class, didn’t think they even made parts for them anymore. He still has that dead stare in his eyes.
Dear Sis,
I pray this finds one well. We just found what was left after a Reaver attack. I know The Alliance tells all of you back home that Reavers aren’t real, but they are. I don’t know what makes a person do what these things do. There were no survivors, human that is they left the cattle be, so we will not have to send a hers out here with the new settlers.
© Copyright 2018 Misantropiclover (longib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148805-Dear-Sis