*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149250-Expelled
by bas
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2149250
A teacher's unpleasant exit from her school
The Light faded with the setting sun. Roopa hugged herself to shield her body from the chilling breeze blowing from the sea. Waves lapped on her feet, washing away the marks her feet left on the sand. "Why cant our memories also vanish just like that" Roopa wondered as she felt a weird mix of anger,betrayal and foolishness rising with in her.

"Welcome to our family", Sampath, Dean of the school had welcomed her heartily to the staff room as he had introduced her to everyone in the room. It was day she had never forgotten,the day she had entered the school, as a teacher, which she would make her home itself. Spending every bit of her energy,time and thought in making it a better place for students for staff, parents and everyone involved with herr school,her family.

"I am sorry Roopa. There is nothing we can do" same voice, same face but it was not the same welcoming sound.

She wanted to fight,to shout, wanted to ask "I should have forgiven his attempt to molest his friend because he was a politician's son or because he was your friends son, what is it Mr Sampath?" .But the sorrow of being treated like a criminal by everyone of her family choked words in her throat

"Is there anything you want to say before you leave?" Sampath asked as he had placed her relieving letter in front of her.
"Yes Sir" Roopa mustered enough strength to maker her voice audible.

Sampath leaned back,expecting a long unpleasant discussion.

"Don't ever welcome anyone else into the school with the words welcome to our family".

Roopa watched the silhouette of the school on the shore as it faded and wished the memories would also fade,eventually.



Word Count:300
Written for
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon

Words:Light,Weird,Sound
© Copyright 2018 bas (ba_satish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149250-Expelled