*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149312-Two-Princesses
Rated: E · Short Story · Self Help · #2149312
A short fast paced story about how lives can divide and conquer true love and happiness.
Two Princesses were at opposite ends of the garden, separated by manicured hedges and flower groves.

The first princess held out her hands to the sky and cried out, " send me a prince on a horse to take me away so that he can give me all that I need. A castle, a room with a view, someone to give me a life, and rule.

And out from beyond rode a prince on a horse with shining white armour, who swept in and lifted the princess off of her feet. In her silken dress she sat behind her prince, on their galloping white stallion.

To the castle they went, and up to the highest turret with a view, they climbed, they wedded, they bedded and he left.

The door closed. The key turned in the lock and he never returned and she sat staring at the view for the rest of her life. Queen of the Kingdom and the white in her life turned to black.

Her child was born and lived in the room at the top of the Castle with the Queen.

And for generations to be, came Kings and Queens, never more in white, but black.

The second Princess cried out in the garden, take me to a place where I can live in true freedom and happiness. The wind swirled and a Prince appeared on his horse with shining armour. But he was bleeding and the blood seeped from his side.

He threw off his metal shield of armour and showed her his wounds, and she touched them and they healed. And he spoke to her.

"If you want freedom, as you have given me life, I must respond.

Come to where the house is on a hill with me, leave your riches behind, and I my sword and past. From there we will enjoy the freedoms, with open doors and a view of free lands.

And they went, together, free to enjoy each other and all that went before them. They depended on the air, the water and the crops that grew around them. They ruled nothing but their hearts. And they lived in joy.

And the children played. And infinite generations came forth that sung, and played and lived in freedom.
© Copyright 2018 MightyWhitey (mightywhitey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149312-Two-Princesses