*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149940-Doublespeak
by fyn
Rated: E · Poetry · Family · #2149940
Am I greeting you or wishing you ill? Contonyms
Doublespeak
--greetings to five different people at a gathering


Esteemed garnished friend,
Our paths enjoined --
I would continue our meeting and
I wish you many fixed trips.

A pleasure upon meeting you:
A garnish on this gathering
I would continue our meeting and
I look forward to dessert.

I greet you with feelings of sanguinity!
I salute this refrain, wish for more verses.
With you as my teacher,
I have never failed to learn.

I greet you with feelings of such sanguinity,
My transparent rock.
Ever the puzzle to your seed,
I sanction our togetherness.

In aught there is none but you:
I sanction our togetherness.
My custom is forever yours,
Ye, the very model of essential quiddity.







*note: lighter green denotes a second using of the word in opposite meaning.



Prompt for: Feb 22 (Fyn)

READ DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY.

Subject or Theme: In the Tang dynasty, anyone with an education was expected to greet as well as say goodbye to another person in poetic verse composed on the spot. A person would do this upon greeting or saying goodbye each person at a gathering. Imagine a gathering comprised of the following: Write greetings/ or farewells for 1. Your spouse or significant other (or an ex!) 2. a total stranger 3. your favorite - or least favorite teacher, 4. a parent and 5. your best friend. (not necessarily in this order.) These quick poems were usually 4-6 lines long and brought out an emotion you feel upon seeing them. Negative feeling were expressed in such a way as to appear positive.
Word(s) to Include: Use at least 5 of these and each stanza must include at least one. You may use more than one in a stanza if you like. If you repeat one of the words, you must use its alternate meaning. Contronym list   (or any derivatives of these words)
Forbidden Word(s): None (or any derivatives of these words)
Additional Parameters: You should have at least 20 lines or a max of 30 lines. in 5 stanzas.
Remember, do not use forbidden words ANYWHERE, including title or the brief description.

Check in to the Steam Room for scores – through Feb 7th.
© Copyright 2018 fyn (fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149940-Doublespeak