*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2150630-The-Game
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2150630
A little story about a boy who gets an unexpected surprise while doing his chores.
One afternoon. Colton was doing his daily chores. He had to finish them so that he could play his favorite video game. As he began to sweep the kitchen floor, he noticed something strange. All the dust and dirt started coming together on its own. He watched in amazement and looked around to see if his mom was near. He called out to her and she came in and asked what was wrong. All of a sudden, the pile was just dirt again. Colton didn’t know what to say. “I thought I saw a bug and I got scared. Sorry.”
“It’s okay, buddy”, his mom said. “I’m going to go back to work on your Halloween costume now. When you’re done sweeping, you can play your game.” So he started back to sweeping, and didn’t think anything else of it. As he was putting the dirt in the dustpan, it started coming together again. Colton jumped back and stared. He didn’t know what to think.
All at once, the pile formed into a little creature. It stood up and blinked its eyes. Colton realized that it looked like a character from his game. He bent down to look at the creature closer. When he reached out his hand, the creature jumped into it and licked him. He was really cute, Colton thought. He was wondering what his mom would think also. He decided not to tell her just yet and decided to take the little guy into his room.
When Colton got to his room, he shut the door and sat down on the bed. The little creature hopped down and sat on the pillow. “Stay here for a minute, little guy”. Colton said, “I have to finish cleaning the kitchen.”
Colton hurried to finish his chores. When he was done, he peeked into his moms’ studio and told her he was finished and that he was going to his room. But when he opened the door, his new little friend was nowhere to be found. The odd thing was that the T.V. was on now. Colton knew that he didn’t turn it on. He walked up to the T.V. and there inside, right on the game, was the little creature.
“Okay, I have lost my mind.” He thought. “I must have been playing way too much of this game.” He lifted his hand to touch the T.V. and his hand went straight through. Colton yanked his hand back fast! “What in the world is going on?” He thought. “There is no way any of this could really be happening.”
Just then, his mom knocked on the door. “Honey, it’s time to get ready for school.” Colton woke up and realized thankfully, that it all had been a dream.
“I’m never playing that game again,” he said. And he never did.
© Copyright 2018 zenchick (zenchick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2150630-The-Game