*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2151907-Once
by avatar
Rated: E · Fiction · Writing · #2151907
This is a short story about a girl who lives with her stepmother and stepsister.
Once upon a time there was a young girl whose parents have died and she lived with her stepmother and stepsister. You must be thinking she is a lost princess who is eventually found by her real parents who are king and queen. If you are thinking this then you are wrong because she is no fairy tale character who will be rescued by either her parents or a prince who wants to marry her. That was the irony.

Her name was Lucy and she had been doing what she was told since her parents died. Lucy was doing everything she was told by her stepmother until her stepmother told her to get married. Lucy could not bear the thought of marrying someone she does not love. But her stepmother would not listen to her. Strangers started coming to see Lucy and for some reason all of them rejected her. For Lucy, it was a blessing in disguise because she did not want to marry any of them. However, sitting in front of them every day was painful for her.

Lucy's stepmother was bent on getting rid of Lucy. So, she asked someone to marry Lucy in return of a lot of money. In the meantime, Lucy met someone at college and she fell in love with him immediately and desperately wanted to know if he loves her too. His name was Peter. Peter asked Lucy to marry him within a few days and Lucy was relieved thought her stepmother's problem was solved. But her stepmother wanted Lucy to marry someone else.

Lucy was really worried because she was being forced by her stepmother to marry someone else. But the situation did not stay like this for long. Her stepmother died in an accident and her stepsister was too young to have control over Lucy. Peter and Lucy got married and had children and they lived happily ever after.
© Copyright 2018 avatar (thehobbit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2151907-Once