*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152364-For-The-Love-of-Colleen
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2152364
A Dr. Quinn Fan Fiction Story


The sun shone down brightly on the train station platform of Colorado Springs, as twenty four year old Andrew Cook stood with the Quinn/Cooper/Sully clan. They were waiting for Colleen's train to arrive from Denver. Colleen was finally coming home, now that she had graduated from the Ladies Seminary College of Denver. Andrew eagerly awaited the arrival of his Love as he held a bouquet of flowers that he had hand picked from their meadow. Hearing the trains whistle, Brian and Katie stopped playing, Andrew hid the flowers behind his back. They watched excitedly as the train pulled in. Andrew blushed a little, and tried to contain his feelings of overwhelming joy as Colleen stepped off the train, and walked towards her family. She was more beautiful than she had been when she left. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her as she walked over to her mother.

"Ma!" she exclaimed, hugging Michaela Quinn tightly.

"Welcome home Colleen." Andrew blurted out all of a sudden. After he had said it, he realized he had, and felt embarrassed.

"Thank you Andrew." Colleen said back. "It's good to be home!" she added.

"I've brought something for you." Andrew replied taking the flowers from behind his back, and handing them to Colleen.

Colleen blushed as she took the flowers. "Oh Andrew…how sweet." She replied realizing they were hand picked.

Andrew smiled.

"Thank you." She said.

"Colleen, Grace has made us a lovely welcome home dinner for you." Michaela said.

"Oh Ma…would it be okay if Andrew and I took our dinner with us on a picnic?" Colleen asked realizing Andrew would probably want time alone with her.

Michaela looked a little disappointed, but agreed. "Alright." She said.

"Thank you Michaela." Andrew said smiling.

"I'll tell Grace what you two are planning on doing, I'm sure she'll understand." Michaela said smiling back.

Andrew and Colleen walked along the dirt road to their meadow as Andrew thought about what to say to her. "Colleen…" he began, " Have you ever thought about taking our relationship to the next level?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked, her heart beating faster.

"I mean…marriage…" he paused, and looked at her. "And a family." He finished.

"Yes, a little bit," she said.

"I've been thinking about it a lot," he began, "Colleen…" he tried to finish.

"Andrew! There's a patient at the Chateau that needs your immediate attention!" Preston Lodge interrupted as he stopped his buggy on the road.

Andrew nodded to Preston, than turned to face Colleen. "I'm sorry My Love…we shall continue this conversation at another time." He took her hand, and kissed it, than climbed into Preston's buggy and raced off towards the Chateau.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Colleen began the walk back to town. Her Ma had probably put Katie down for her nap at the clinic and so it would give Colleen some time to visit with Michaela. As she walked she heard the afternoon train pull into the station. She wondered if any of them were new to the town or just visitors. Colleen walked past the Gazette and stopped to look at the edition Dorothy had written for the week when she felt a chill run down her back. She felt like somebody was behind her, but before she could turn around, a soaked cloth was put in front of her nose, and she passed out.

"Oh shoot!" twenty-six year old Dr. Joel Lambert said as he caught Colleen. "Well, at least she's light," he added as he carried her to the train.

"Good job Joel, you got her." Ethan Cooper said as Joel laid Colleen down on the floor in Ethan's private compartment.

"I said I would, didn't I?" Joel replied as the train sped away toward California.

Ethan smiled. "Lillian will be so pleased."

**************************************************************************************************************************

Andrew rode up to the Sully homestead on his horse Boston. He'd finished seeing his last patient for the day and was eager to continue his conversation with Colleen. He climbed down from the saddle and fixed his suit before knocking on the door.

"Oh, hello Andrew." Michaela said looking around. "Where's Colleen." She asked.

Andrews face turned pale. "I thought she was with you?"

"No, I haven't seen her since she left with you four hours ago." Michaela said.

"No one in town has seen her either." Andrew said worriedly as Sully came to the door.

"Hello Andrew." Sully said.

"Colleen is missing." Andrew said.

"I'll get together a search party." Sully said.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Colleen opened her eyes slowly and looked around. A rough looking young man sat on a train seat. Across from him was a man asleep, his hat covering his face.

"Good, you're up." The young man said in a western accent.

"Who…who are you?" she managed to stutter.

"Joel. Your pa hired me to help him bring you back to California."

"My Pa?!" she asked.

"Hey my sweet little girl." Ethan Cooper said uncovering his face.

"Noooo!" she screamed.

"Better chloroform her again Doc….." Ethan said.

Joel nodded and shoved a wet cloth up to her mouth and nose. "You are going to fulfill our agreement…right?" Joel asked once Colleen was unconscious.

"Of course." Ethan said.

"She'll be all mine?" Joel asked with questioning eyes.

"All yours, and please give me lots of grandkids."

"Oh, I will…trust me on that, I will." He said looking at Colleen and smiling lustfully.

"Good, you'll be married in the next town. She'll be awake by then won't she?" Ethan replied.

"Should be." Joel said.

************************************************************************************************************************** Colorado Springs 2 Days Later…

The search team rode into town early Saturday morning. Sully climbed down from his horse and walked to the clinic. Andrew had been forced to stay in town by his employer Preston Lodge and was working with Michaela to keep his mind off of Colleen. Sully knocked on the door, than went in. Andrew was sitting at Michaela's desk reading a medical book, while Michaela was cleaning her instruments for about the third time that day.

"Did you find her?" Andrew asked looking up at Sully.

Sully shook his head. "I'm sorry…whoever took her is long gone."

Andrew nodded solemnly. "Excuse me." He said in a tearful voice. He got up, left the clinic and raced off on his horse Boston. He rode to the meadow where he planned to build their house one day and sat down by the pond. He stared at the ducks as they played in the water. "Where is she Lord?" he prayed. Tears fell down his face, a first since his parents died. "I Love her Lord, I need to find her." He added to his prayer.

**************************************************************************************************************************

"I now pronounce you Man and Wife…you may now kiss the Bride." The minister said smiling.

Joel pulled Colleen into his arms and kissed her.

Ethan took the gun out of Colleens back and tucked it away inside his coat pocket. "Congratulations, my dear." Ethan said hugging his daughter, "You better cooperate, or I'll shoot you," he whispered in her ear.

She nodded, frightened for her life.

***************************************************************************************************************************

"Ma, who do ya think kidnapped Colleen?" Brian asked as he helped with the dishes. Usually Colleen helped.

"Sully and I have reason to believe that it might have been one of the men who robbed the bank last time she was home. She witnessed the whole thing." Michaela said.

"Why would they do that?" Brian asked.

"I don't know Brian, I just don't know." Michaela said.

***************************************************************************************************************************

The train pulled into the station in San Francisco a little after noon. Lily stood waiting for her husband, daughter, and new son-in-law to emerge from the train.

"You will greet your mother with enthusiasm, do you hear me young lady?" Ethan said sternly to Colleen.

Colleen nodded as she took Joel's arm and walked with him to the exit. "Ma!" Colleen exclaimed hugging Lily. "I'd like you to meet my husband Dr. Joel Lambert."

"Joel, how very nice to see you again." Lily said smiling.

Joel nodded.

"I hope your trip went well?" Lily asked as they walked to the carriage.

"Yes, quite well." Joel said. "I was wondering, my wife needs some clothes, is there are ladies dress shop here?"

"Yes, I'll take Colleen shopping. You and Ethan go have a drink." Lily said pulling her daughter off of Joel's arm.

*************************************************************************************************************************

A week later…

"I'll see you later my dear." Joel said kissing Colleen before he left for work.

"Okay, bye." Colleen said. After she was sure Joel had left, she sat at the kitchen table and began a letter to Colorado Springs. She read aloud as she wrote:

My Dearest Andrew,

It seems like an eternity since the last time I saw you. I am alive and well, living in San Francisco with my real pa, my stepmother, and the man pa gave me to in marriage. I am Joel's wife, the worst thing I've ever been forced to do in my life. Andrew, I love you…but my father has threatened my life, if I don't cooperate, so there is nothing I can do.

I will remain yours Always,
All My Love,
Colleen.

She sealed the envelope, changed into dress clothes, and walked into town to mail the letter.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Three Months Later in Colorado Springs…

Andrew walked down Main Street to the post office. He was expecting a package from Boston. He was depressed, Colleen had been missing for more than 3 months, and Sully had called off the search.

"Oh, hello Andrew." Horace said.

"Horace." Andrew replied taking the package from the older man.

"Got a letter for ya too…marked San Francisco. It's been here awhile, buried under old mail." Horace said handing the young doctor an envelope.

Andrew recognized the handwriting immediately. 'Colleen' he thought. "Thank you Horace." Andrew said walking out. He stopped right outside the door and read the letter. He went back to the Chateau, packed his bags, took his horse Boston and left for San Francisco.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, in San Francisco…

Colleen woke up early the next morning and rushed to the bathroom. She'd been feeling ill for more than two months now, since she'd become Joel's wife. She dreaded the diagnosis, she was pregnant. After Joel left for work, Colleen lay in bed rubbing her slightly rounded belly and cried. "Oh Andrew, where are you when I need you most?" she cried. She fell asleep, curled up in a ball holding her belly.

*************************************************************************************************************************** Two weeks later…

Andrew rode up to the Lambert estate around noon. Colleen was asleep in the living room, a half knitted baby blanket rested on her rounded belly. Hoping Colleen was home alone, he knocked on the door. Colleen jumped up suddenly, no one ever visited. She had no friends in San Francisco.

The Butler got the door. "Yes?" the Butler said upon seeing Andrew.

"I'm a door to door salesman with Sully and O'Ryan. I sell fabrics, is the Mrs. In?" Andrew said.

"Your name sir? "

"Jake Cook." Andrew said smiling.

"Come into the library, Mrs. Lambert will be with you shortly." The butler said leading Andrew into the library.

"Thank you." Andrew stood looking at the books while he waited for Colleen.

Colleen walked into the library and stood at the door in shock. There before her was her beloved Andrew. He hadn't yet noticed she'd walked in. She cleared her throat. Andrew turned around, his green eyes bright. Colleen walked to him and he took her into his arms. For a moment they stared into each others eyes, then Andrew began kissing Colleen passionately and frantically, first her lips, then her cheeks, then her neck, her mouth again. "I thought I'd never see you again!" he exclaimed between kisses.

"I knew you'd come." She cried. He pulled her closer and held her, kissing her again and again.

Finally he let her go and that's when he noticed. "Oh Colleen…my Love, are you alright? Has he hurt you?" Andrew replied, seeing her belly.

A tear rolled down Colleen's cheek. She nodded. "The baby is due in six months." She added.

"Oh my Love…I have to get you out of here." Andrew said sweetly, wiping away her tear.

"You're not angry?" Colleen sobbed.

"Not with you, no. None of this is your fault. You were taken against your will." He replied. He squatted down and kissed her belly. "I'm your papa, and I'll raise you and love you." He told the unborn baby.

Colleen smiled.

"I'll be back for you later tonight, wait outside for me, okay my Love?" Andrew said pulling her closer once he'd straightened up.

Colleen nodded. "Okay."

Andrew kissed her passionately, than left.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Joel came home late that night from the bar, took Colleen and then passed out. Colleen winced in pain as she got up out of bed and put on her dress clothes. She went downstairs and waited on the front porch for Andrew, rubbing her sore belly as she waited on the porch swing. Andrew rode up on Boston and climbed down.

"He hurt you again?" Andrew asked seeing the pain in her eyes as she got up.

Colleen nodded. Tears fell down her freckled cheeks.

Andrew took her into his arms. "Shhh…it's okay. I'm here now, no one will ever hurt you again." He said wiping away her tears.

"Okay." She said.

"As for him…he should be hung!" Andrew said angrily as he gently lifted Colleen into the saddle and pulled himself up with her. They rode off into the night.

They stopped in Goldfield, Nevada to rest. Colleen was quite tired and uncomfortable. Andrew rented a room at the Hotel. Andrew hadn't slept soundly since Colleen was kidnapped. He lay down on the bed and stretched out. "Are you sleepy?" he asked.

Colleen nodded.

Andrew sat up and patted the bed. "Lay with me?" he asked gently.

Colleen hesitated. Her mind flashed back to Joel and his cruelness.

Andrew saw the hurt and pain in her eyes. He got up and walked over to her. He took her hand. "My Love…I would never ever do that to you, I Love you! I'll never hurt you, I promise." He said gently before kissing her. He led her over to the bed. "I'm tired………I want to know if you'd sleep in the bed with me?" he rephrased.

Colleen looked at him. His eyes were kind and gentle…and loving. "Okay." She said.

He lay down under the covers; she lay beside him on her side. He put his arm around her and gently rubbed her swollen belly. "I love you so much Colleen!" he said, "I'm so glad I found you…I thought I'd lost you forever." He added.

Colleen sighed happily, then snuggled into his arms. "I love you too." She said closing her eyes. Tears of joy fell down her cheeks. Feeling safe and protected…and most importantly loved, she drifted off to sleep.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Colleen woke up early the next morning. She felt sick to her stomach, and ran to the bathroom. Andrew woke and worriedly wanted to follow her to the bathroom. Instead he propped himself up on his elbow and waited for her to return. When she returned, tears were streaming down her face. She lay back down.

"Colleen, are you alright?" he asked worriedly.

"I feel so awful." She said.

"I know you do baby girl." He said kissing her neck.

Colleen shrugged him away. " Please don't." she said.

"I'm sorry." He said. He felt somewhat hurt, and his voice showed it.

"I'm just…I don't feel like…oh Andrew, I'm sorry. Joel really hurt me, I don't know what to expect." She said.

"I'm only going to kiss you," He said, "for now." He added.

Colleen nodded.

"Remember, I'll never hurt you, and I'll never be like Joel!" he said.

"Okay."

"Get some more sleep, I'll protect you." He said lying down. He put his arm around her again and gently kissed her neck. Feeling safe, she let him. Before long, she fell fast asleep.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Joel woke the next morning. His head was killing him and he was in a bad mood. Colleen was not lying beside him, but he wanted her. Thinking she was downstairs he bellowed for her. "Colleen!" he yelled. No answer. "Colleen! I want you, get up here and do your duties as my wife!" he yelled, getting furiously angry. Still no answer. "Jonah!" Joel yelled for the butler.

"Yes Sir?" Jonah replied coming in the room. The older man froze at what he saw on the bed. "Dr. Lambert, do you know that there is blood on the bed sheet?" he asked.

"Yes!" Joel snapped. "Where is my wife?!" he yelled.

"I do not know sir." Jonah said.

"Find her!" Jonah snapped in response. "And have our lovely new maid report to me at once." He added with lust in his eyes.

Jonah nodded. "Yes sir." He said.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Colleen woke up to Andrew gently kissing her neck. "Good Morning My Love." He said between kisses. He had his arm around her, his hand rested on her slightly rounded belly.

"Morning." She said, once she'd remembered it was Andrew holding her and not Joel.

"How are you feeling?" he asked gently.

"Sore."

"I'm sorry Joel hurt you like that." Andrew said.

Colleen sighed deeply. "Did he love me Andrew?" she asked sobbing.

"No Colleen! That's not love!" he answered. "I Love you!" he added.

"Oh Andrew, I love you too." She cried, turning around to face him.

He passionately kissed her on the lips pulling her closer. "What he did to you wasn't love." Andrew said between kisses.

"Than what is?" she asked, feeling a stir of arousal for the first time in her life.

"I will show you when you are ready My Love." He said kissing her again.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Back in Colorado Springs…

"Andrew!" Preston Lodge yelled through the closed up Chateau Clinic door. "Where is he!" he vented. Thinking awhile he climbed on his horse. "Michaela will know where he is." He said.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Andrew and Colleen left the hotel late that morning and headed towards home. Andrew noticed Colleen's uncomfortable state, and purchased a carriage in the next town. Colleen sat in the back, while Andrew drove.

"Andrew?" Colleen said trying to get his attention.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Will we be able to marry? I mean, I am Joel's wife." She replied.

"Not for long." Andrew said. "We will marry." He added. He left it at that. He didn't want Colleen to know that he intended to kill Joel for hurting his love like he had.

"Andrew?" she questioned.

"Just rest." He said.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Joel rode up to the Cooper Estate late that night. He had intended to do it earlier, but had passed out again. "Ethan!" he yelled before he dismounted his horse.

Ethan and Lillian came to the door.

"Colleen is missing!" Joel said before they had a chance to question him.

"What?!" Ethan yelled.

"You heard me!" Joel snapped.

"Lillian get my gun!" Ethan said. "We're gonna find her!"

***************************************************************************************************************************

Andrew thought of his plan of action while Colleen slept. He would stop in the next town, send a telegram to Horace telling the people of Colorado Springs that he'd found Colleen, have Sully put together a group of men to help him and send Colleen home on the next train. Then he and the men of Colorado Springs would get their revenge for hurting Colleen the way Joel had. It was a perfect plan, one he knew Colleen would be completely against, and he knew she would put up quite a fuss about the train ride home all alone without her Beloved; but it was something that had to be done-for the safety of Colleen.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Horace ran down Main Street to the Clinic. "Dr. Mike, Dr. Mike!" he called.

Michaela and Sully came outside as Horace waved a telegram excitedly in his hand.

"He found her!" he exclaimed.

"Found who Horace?" Michaela asked.

"Colleen!" he exclaimed. "Andrew found Colleen!" he added handing Michaela the telegram.

"Who took her?" Sully asked Horace.

"Ethan." Michaela answered handing Sully the telegram.

"I'll get the men together right now." He said once he'd read the message.

Michaela nodded, then hearing a baby cry, she thanked Horace and went inside to get Katie from her afternoon nap.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Andrew had gotten a room at the hotel in the town where he had sent the telegram. Colleen slept restlessly while Andrew sat up in bed thinking.

"No…I don't love you…I love Andrew!" Colleen cried out in her sleep.

Andrew positioned himself to lie beside her and he put his arm around her.

"No Joel…don't hit me! I'm pregnant!" she cried.

Andrew gently shook her awake, realizing she was sobbing. Tears came to her eyes as she opened them. "Oh Andrew!" she cried sitting up and throwing her arms around him.

"Did Joel hit you?" Andrew asked.

"All the time. He hit me and forced me to…" Colleen began, tears falling down her cheeks harder.

"Shhh…it's okay. No one will ever hurt you again." Andrew said.

Colleen sniffled and nodded her head.

"Try and go back to sleep my love." Andrew said lying down and pulling her down to lay her head on his chest. He gently wiped away her tears and tenderly kissed the top of her head. "I Love you Colleen." He added.

Colleen sighed. "I Love you too Andrew."

***************************************************************************************************************************
A Tavern in San Francisco…

"She can't be far Ethan, I got her pregnant…so she can't go far," Joel snickered, "Stupid girl." He added taking a drink of whiskey.

"Got that from her ma." Ethan said pouring himself another glass.

"Yep." Joel started. "Oooo…hey you, girl, come here." He finished, seeing a barmaid that he liked. He lustfully grinned at her as she came over to him.

"Yep." Ethan said drinking that glass and pouring another.

***************************************************************************************************************************

"Andrew, I don't wanna go on the train!" Colleen cried as the train to Colorado Springs pulled into the station.

"Colleen." Andrew said, frustrated with her stubbornness.

"Andrew, I want to stay with you!" she added, tears streaming down her face.

He thought awhile as Colleen cried. "Do it for our baby, it'll be safer for our little one." He replied crouching down to kiss her swollen belly.

Colleen sniffled, than nodded her head as Andrew straightened up to look at her. He looked into her dark brown eyes and questioned her with his handsome green ones.

"For our baby." She said simply before Andrew kissed her.

"I'll be home in about a week. I have legal business to attend to about us here." Andrew said once their kiss had ended.

Colleen nodded as the trains' whistle blew.

"I Love you Colleen." He said before kissing her again.

"I Love you too Andrew." She answered.

"All aboard!" the conductor called.

"Now go…and take care of our baby!" Andrew said.

"I will." Colleen said before getting on the train. Tears rolled down her cheeks as the train sped off towards home.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Andrew waited at the hotel for Sully and the other men. He had sent another telegram to let Sully know where they could find him. Andrew stretched out on the bed to try to sleep some, since he'd been up all night comforting Colleen. He fluffed up his pillow a little before whispering a prayer for Colleens safe trip home, then he fell asleep.

***************************************************************************************************************************
It was a short ride to Colorado Springs for Colleen. She looked out the window, feeling uncomfortable, but happy she was going home.

Michaela waited patiently on the train station platform as the train pulled into the station. She knew what state Colleen was in, but tried desperately to control her shock as her pregnant daughter stepped off the train. Colleen looked exhausted, and somewhat different, like she'd been crying.

"Welcome home Colleen." Michaela said hugging her daughter.

"Oh ma…I'm so tired." Colleen said.

Michaela nodded. "You can sleep at the clinic till we go home."

Colleen nodded, and walked with her mother to the clinic.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Colleen slept restlessly, dreaming about Andrew and Joel fighting. She was extremely uncomfortable, and finally stumbled out of bed and went downstairs. Besides, she thought she had better get something to eat soon, or the baby would be complaining.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Andrew woke up to Sully pounding on his hotel room door. He stumbled out of bed, pulling on his pants as he hopped to the door to let Sully and the rest of the men from Colorado Springs in. "Hello." Andrew said upon seeing Sully, Matthew, Hank, Jake, Preston, Cloud Dancing, Robert E, and the Reverend at the door.

"Andrew." Sully said.

"Did Colleen get home alright?" Andrew asked, concerned for his love.

" Don't know, we left before the train got in." Sully said. "Michaela was waiting for her when we left." He added leading the group into the room.

"She's not in good shape at all Sully." Andrew said sadly.

"Who is the man Ethan forced her to marry?" the Reverend asked.

"His name is Joel, he's a Doctor, but a poor excuse for one. Does more harm then help. He really hurt Colleen. Abused her like Ethan used to abuse Charlotte." Andrew said angrily, "Guess he's a real playboy too, takes a real liking to women." Andrew added.

"Ain't nothing wrong with that." Hank said grinning. The other men looked at Hank. "Well, there ain't." Hank added.

"I wouldn't be surprised if half of the children in San Francisco are his." Andrew said.

"Half of the children in Denver are mine." Hank said grinning again. Everyone looked at Hank again. "Well, they are." He replied.

Andrew sighed. "Do we have to get the law involved?" he asked to Matthew. "Or can I kill him?"

"Well, she was taken against her will." Robert E said.

"I think we should just string him up!" Hank said.

"We have to give him a trial, only fair." Matthew said trying to forget this was his little sister they were talking about.

"Then we have to go to San Francisco and arrest him." Sully said.

"Yes, we do…" Matthew began.

"From what Colleen shared with me, Joel is a very violent man. It's going to be dangerous." Andrew said.

"Well, you have us Andrew to back you up." The Reverend said.

Andrew nodded.

The men of Colorado Springs rode into San Francisco the next night. Joel forgot about finding Colleen, due to his new interest the barmaid Annetka. Ethan and Lillian already had their money, so Colleen was old news, and no one ever talked about her. Joel sat in the tavern, drinking whiskey, while Annetka did her thing to attract him when the group of men walked in.

"Do you know what he looks like?" Sully asked Andrew as they approached the bar.

"What'll it be boys?" the bartender asked.

"A bottle of whiskey." Hank ordered for them.

Andrew nodded once the bartender had gotten their drink and left. "Brown hair, very rough looking."

"Oh Joel, you are so handsome." Annetka said in a Danish accent.

Hank was paying close attention to the young barmaid, and heard the conversation. "That guy there is Joel." He whispered to Sully, as he took a drink of whiskey.

"Excuse me." Andrew said getting the bartenders attention.

"Yes sir?"

"My name is Dr. Andrew Cook, I was wondering if you might have a doctor in this town that I could talk with?"

"Oh yeah, there are lots of doctors, but there's one over there that's real good with the ladies." The bartender said grinning. "My wife went to him, and nine months later, we had us a baby."

"What's his name?" Andrew asked.

"That's Dr. Joel Lambert."

"Thank you." Matthew said. Then he got up from the bar stool he was sitting on, and walked over to Joel. He took out his gun, just to be on the safe side, as he got closer.

"Whoa Mister…what are you doing?" the bartender said taking out his shotgun.

"I'm Sheriff Matthew Cooper of Colorado Springs…and Dr. Joel Lambert, you are under arrest for kidnapping, rape, and the attempted murder of Colleen Cooper." Matthew said grabbing the unsuspecting drunk man and handcuffing him.

"Oh sir, you can not take Joel…" Annetka said. "I might be having his baby." She added.

"You and every other woman in San Francisco." Hank said.

"What does he mean Joel?" Annetka asked as Matthew led Joel out.

"Love ya baby." Joel said grinning.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Back in Colorado Springs, one month later…

Andrew and Colleen walked along the dirt path to their meadow. The trial of Joel Lambert was that afternoon. Judge Harding from Boston was coming to preside. Joel and Colleen's marriage had been annulled due to Colleen being held at gunpoint at the alter, so Andrew and Colleen were to be wed in a few weeks. Then they were off to Philadelphia for Colleen to start Medical School. She would start taking classes until she couldn't go anymore, and then take off until the baby was old enough to be left with Andrew in his office while he practiced.

"Colleen, My Love…I'm glad to have you home safely." Andrew said as they stopped by the pond. Andrew looked at her lovingly.

"I am glad too my Beloved." Colleen said smiling.

"I am also glad I am going to have you as my wife in a few short weeks." He said smiling excitedly.

"And our baby will be born in five months." She added.

"And you're going to medical school." He replied.

"And I Love you!" she snuck in.

Andrew laughed a little. "I Love you too Colleen." He said kissing her.

Colleen took Andrews pocket watch out of his pocket, and looked at the time. "We should be getting back, the trial is soon, and I'm getting hungry." She said. "Or should I say that the baby is getting hungry." She corrected laughing a little.

"Alright, we'll start back now." Andrew said. He took Colleens hand and they walked back to town.

"I think Katie will be a great Flower girl don't you Andrew?" Colleen said.

"She would be very cute, but Brian will have to walk her down the aisle, she is still learning how to walk." Andrew said laughing a little at his future little sister-in-laws toddler clumsiness.

"I can't wait till our little one walks." Colleen said.

"Oh I can…I have to invest in padding first so he doesn't hurt himself." Andrew said laughing.

"So SHE doesn't hurt HERSELF." Colleen corrected.

Andrew looked at her and smiled. "We'll just have to wait and see what we have my Love."

Colleen sighed. "Whatever we have, I'm glad that you'll be its father instead of Joel."

"Me too." Andrew agreed.

***************************************************************************************************************************

"Do you think you could let me out of here for awhile?" Joel yelled at Matthew.

"You'll get out for the trial." Matthew replied.

"Hey, my wife!" Joel yelled as he saw Andrew and Colleen walk past the jail.

"She's not your wife." Matthew said.

"That's my baby she's carrying!" Joel said.

"So's every other baby in San Francisco." Matthew said.

"So." Joel said.

"I'll let you out for the trial…and not until." Matthew said.

Andrew and Colleen sat in Graces Café eating lunch when Andrew pulled a small box out of his suit jacket. "Colleen, with all the confusion, I never got to give this to you." He said handing her the box.

She opened it, and gasped. "Oh Andrew, it's beautiful!" she exclaimed. In the box was a gold ring with a diamond on it.

"I got it in Boston last time I visited my Uncle." He explained.

"It's so beautiful." She said again.

"It was my mothers." he said. "She left it for me when she died, her wishes were that it would be worn by my Bride one day." He said taking the ring. He took Colleens left hand and slid it on her ring finger. "A perfect fit, for my perfect Bride." He said smiling. Colleen blushed. Andrew leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips as Grace brought more coffee for Andrew, and water for Colleen.

***************************************************************************************************************************

"All stand, the honorable Judge Harding residing." Jake called.

Everyone stood as the Judge walked in. Matthew led Joel in still handcuffed. Joel sat, Matthew sat beside him.

"The charges are kidnap, rape, and the attempted murder of Colleen Cooper. How do you plead Joel Lambert?" the judge said in his booming voice.

"Not guilty." Joel said, then he turned to look at Colleen and blew kisses at her. Andrew was mad as a hornet, but controlled his temper when Colleen put her hand on his shoulder.

"Who is defending Miss Cooper?" the judge asked.

"We are defending her Your Honor." Andrew said referring to him and Michaela.

"And Mr. Lambert?"

"That's Doctor Lambert!" Joel yelled.

"No sir, you have lost your medical license." The judge said.

"So." Joel said.

"As I was saying…who is defending Mr. Lambert?"

"I am." Ethan Cooper said as he walked in the door.

Colleens face registered fear. Andrew wanted to jump on Ethan and pound him into a pulp.

"Your Honor, Ethan Cooper, is an accomplice to the crimes Mr. Lambert is charged for." Michaela said.

"Sheriff, please take Mr. Cooper into custody." The judge said to Matthew. Matthew went to get Ethan, when Ethan pulled out a gun. In the meantime Joel got loose and was running down the aisle of the church to the door. Andrew got up and ran after him. Women screamed, and Colleen fainted.

"Put the gun down!" the judge yelled. "Dr. Cook, please catch Mr. Lambert, and return him to jail…I've already determined what will be done with him. As for you Mr. Cooper…Colleen is your daughter! How you could do anything like that is beyond me! You will spend twenty one years in the California state prison, as for Mr. Lambert…He endangered the lives of millions of people by practicing medicine without a license, as well as raping Miss Cooper, and kidnapping her. Mr. Lambert will spend life in prison…in Europe." The judge
said. "And believe me, because I am a firm believer in "Thou shalt not kill" I didn't give you a death sentence." He added as Andrew caught Joel and brought him back in to hear his sentence. "Miss Cooper, I'm sorry that this injustice was done to you." The judge added to Colleen as she was helped up from the floor with Michaela's help. "Court is dismissed." Judge Harding said as Matthew and Andrew escorted Ethan and Joel to the jail.

************************************************************************************************************************** Two weeks later…

Andrew lovingly held Colleen in his arms. It was their wedding night; they had just gotten back to their room at the Chateau.

Colleen turned to face him. "Now will you show me what love is?" she asked kissing him passionately.

Andrew smiled. He playfully thought awhile. Then kissed her again. "I think you're ready now my Love." He said. "I will gently and carefully show you what love is, after all you are pregnant." He added blowing out the candle.

"I can trust you, please show me." She whispered moving closer to him.

And that's exactly what he did.


The End
© Copyright 2018 Sarah Heard (sarahcheard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152364-For-The-Love-of-Colleen