*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153269-A-Forbidden-Rain
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2153269
Weather buff, Todd, watched the rain and something else fall from the sky.
A Forbidden Rain


It didn't take long before the stormy Kansas sky opened, releasing the mountain of moisture that had built inside the massive thunderhead above. Always one interested in the weather, Todd stood by the large sliding glass doors that let him view his backyard. His poor patio furniture and grill took an awful pounding from the corpulent raindrops, and so did the water in his pool, where a mist of small droplets splashed where each raindrop fell. Soon, Todd's eyes widened when he heard the weather change.

It sounded like someone threw small rocks onto his roof. He peered at his ceiling. What's that? He gazed into his backyard again and wondered how it happened so fast. Hail rained down, and not the sweet, small nodules of ice from the heavens, but golf ball sized chunks that slammed into his backyard. Now, his patio furniture was being destroyed and large dents appeared atop his grill. The surrounding grass and concrete pavers leading to the pool turned white while the frenzied pool water appeared to explode. A clap of loud thunder made Todd jump back. Then he detected another roar overhead like nothing he'd heard before. He watched as a dark object slammed into the pool sending water splashing ten feet into the air.

"What the hell was that?"

The water took on a brownish hue that spread swiftly due to all the activity. He'd never seen anything like it before. From the unsettled, murky brown pool, small tentacles reached over the edge. Todd backed away. The tentacles spread throughout his backyard, feeling their way over his furniture, grill, and the sliding glass door, and he prayed they didn't make their way inside. The tentacles smothered the glass doors. Todd stood near the front door staring. The glass shattered, and Todd skedaddled.


© Copyright 2018 Pernell Rogers (arogers270 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153269-A-Forbidden-Rain