*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153721-The-Love-of-My-Life
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #2153721
This is a heartbreaking story written about a man who fell in love with an ill woman..
We used to come here all the time... In fact, this is where we first met, in an art class. Our first kiss was here.

Rebecca.

That was the name of the girl that i fell in love with on these washed-out, spiky, wooden planks on which i lay my bare feet. Her beautiful long, curly hair would caress my fingers as we laid upon a blanket and appreciated the beautiful, blue sky that shone so bright before our eyes. Becky was her nickname... She would always say 'the clouds are just like candyfloss' and how candyfloss is sweet like me.

It is now 2020. and i feel as though my whole world has changed so much since the day she couldn't fight the cancer anymore and it took her life. It has only been two years since she left this world to be an elegant angel up in heaven, but it feels like a lifetime.

She loved the landscape and scenery of the mountains. I could sit and watch her paint as delicate as a fairy for hours. She took her time with it, making sure to catch every detail from the way the mountain reflects off of the cold lake to the jagged peaks of the mountains ahead. As i sit here now alone and think of all the memories, a tear as cold as ever runs down my face and neck. It almost felt as though it was her hand stroking down my face slowly down to my neck, giving me a tickling sensation on my neck.

Swoosh. Squawk. It is a white bird that has come and sat next tome on the top of the wooden plank. Almost human-like it sat and admired the beautiful scenery with me. When i used to come here with Becky, we would sit on the platform and put our feet into the water as this thought springs to mind, i can smell the freshness of the water and it reminds of the time that Rebecca jumped in.
Splash. I could hear it as she pretends she is drowning knowing i will follow after her (to save her of course)for her to then dunk me under and say "gotcha!". She always used to say that when she died she would come back in the form of a white bird. As i remember this i jump up to find that the bird that was sitting with me upon the wooden plank has now disappeared...

Slowly, i walk to the edge and put my feet in the water that is so cold it is almost numbing. As i put my toe in, it feels like a sharp pricking sensation. Then nothing...
I've gone numb. I now feel literally nothing... No pain or emotion.

I really do miss her... I cant do this anymore...

Splash! Gasp!

Silence...

We used to come here all the time...
© Copyright 2018 BeautyBehindSecrets (angelxoxo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153721-The-Love-of-My-Life