*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153733-The-Fight-For-Liberty
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #2153733
I've always had this story but could never know how to start. Until now? maybe..idk :)
When I think of humanity’s future I see nothing different than now. There will still be technological innovation but I doubt they’ll be any progress in the way we treat each other. Humanity is and will always be flawed in that aspect. How could it not? Look back at our history as a whole. In every era of every culture, oppression prevails. And humans fail to find liberation from one another. Is being an oppressor in our nature?

I’m not religious, but I’ve heard the story of the Israelites. Those were God’s chosen people and he wanted to get them out of Egypt. The pharaoh had made slaves out of them and they had cried out to their God. And he remembered his pact with Abraham. God then sent the plagues and liberated his people. But in this story, Pharaoh was the one to neglect them freedom. Why then did Pharaohs’ subjects suffer through even the worst of plagues, the killing of the firstborn? And upon hearing this story, I wondered if the oppressors became the oppressed. Did God intend for oppression to be felt by the ones committing it, so there could be liberation? Or was everything God sent a just act?

No, honestly it felt more like revenge.



(I’ve run out of ideas, but I want feedback ..so ill post and hope to revise later)
© Copyright 2018 Beyondnone_ (beyond_nothing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153733-The-Fight-For-Liberty