*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153795-Where-Im-From
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ashley
Rated: E · Poetry · Writing · #2153795
This is a poem I did for College Reading and I thought I'd share it.
From the warmth in the arms of the sun, I am born where the heat baked your skin.
I could smell the crisp scent coming off the black asphalt.
From the touch of the burning seat belts that scorches your skin from long hours of being in the heat.
From the prickly cacti and the ravaging of red ants eating your flesh.
I am the morning dove that echoes in the silence of midday.

I moved to a place from a big busy city to a quiet small town with vast farmland that stretched across the country.
From the hot desert to the changing colors of the leaves.
I am the auburn colors that reflect against the clear water.
From the first taste of winter that I've come to love over time.
From there is where I spent the rest of my life growing up.

I am happy and innocent child.
I cherished things that I hold deeply.
From the quiet weekends and bike rides and the days laying in the lush green grass.
From how the skies captured it as if they belonged together.
From the big tree that grew in my yard and the soft touch of the summer breeze.
I could spend my days daydreaming about the impossible things that I wish could be.
I am alone in a happy place.
I am an escape.

From of the things I cherished eventually never last.
I am the tears that ran down my eyes.
I am destroyed by those that were supposed to protect me. I am a broken soul of many.
From a family with good faith, one that I've always known. I am out of place in a big family.
From all odds and ends family isn't so perfect. I am the controlling to the neglectful.

I am a trapped bird, a voice that wants to be heard.
From other speaking for me because my opinions are wrong. I am told what to be and how to feel.
From people for always being my voice and they wonder " Why is she so silent?"
I am always alone.

From the happy side of who I am to the darkness that always seems to linger around the corners.

I am a caterpillar waiting to reincarnate.
From time to time and from family to family.
I am learning to accept what I have and the times that I look back.
I am getting stronger because of what I have learned.
I am also to admit to be the odd apple from the tree.

From out of all the red ones hanging so perfectly align. I am the green one always different
That's okay with me.
© Copyright 2018 Ashley (quietsoul23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153795-Where-Im-From