*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153984-The-Brightest-One
by Sawan
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2153984
Conversation with the moon.
In the darkest night, the clouds were dancing at the edge of the sky and the stars were adding charm to their dance. Then there was a shimmering light penetrating through those clouds on the window, the light was so intense that everyone could feel it even with their closed eyes; that light was of the brightest moon peeping from the clouds. That moment was so soothing.

But I just ignored everything out there and was looking at her, like there was nothing as bright as she was. In that dark deep night, the brightest moon was at its peak but she was looking more beautiful and brighter than the moon. Not only at that time, whenever I look at her she seems more beautiful than before. She is like the fresh air of morning and like the soothing water of seashore.

At that time I was completely lost in her, suddenly a distinct voice broke my concentration...

"Hey boy look at me, I am the moon" I just ignored that voice and was ready to behold her again but that voice hit me again and said -"hey why are you looking at her? Look at me it'll be marvelous for you, I am the Brightest One here, look at me."

"No, she is the one." I replied to the moon.

The moon laughed at me and said-"My friend I am the full moon, you are wasting your time by looking at her, look at me I am the most beautiful one in this dark night."

I looked into the moon's eyes, smiled and said- "She is the one."

Now the moon was angry at me and said -"Are you a fool...? I am the full moon; do you know what it means? I am the one who lights up this dark night with my moonlight, I am the one for whom the poems are written, I am the one whose beauty is exemplified, I am the reason for the full moon, my absence causes new moon... Who the hell is she in front of me...?”

I held my breath for a moment and replied to the moon- "She is just a normal girl who found me when I was at the darkest, I was alone there and the darkness was so deep that everyone could afraid of, the darkness where there was no existence of hope, light and brightness, not even your brightness; the egoistic brightest one... Sorrows were all over there; deepest and darkest but she lighted up all the darkness inside me and spread her brightness all over there, even I stopped her to do so. I told her that I am used to it, stay away from me, this will hurt you; maybe I'll hurt you...

But all She did is hold my hand and said come on you can do it, we can do it...

She is the most beautiful and the brightest soul I have ever met. And she was right; with her, I found the brightest me. I don't know the brightness inside me is mine or hers, but all the darkness vanished as it never existed...
I am amazed, whenever I look at her I find something new in her. She is like the sunshine of winter, she is like the evening of summer, she gives me reasons to smile, she gives me hope to live..."

Moon said -"But I am Angelic, I am most enticing. Everyone loves me for my heavenly looks."

I said-"Ok I accept that you are beautiful but just look at her, her face is like a bud of flower; fresh and glorious. Her eyes are like dewdrops; attractive and full of shine. When I look into them they fill me up with hope and joy. Just listen her voice; when she speaks, her voice spreads melody of happiness to the surroundings, melody on which my heartbeat dances. She smells like life. She looks ravishing, adorable even in her simplest looks. When she looks at me, my heart fills up with positivity and possibilities; positivity and possibilities to do something good for the world and for myself too. Dear moon, you will leave when the sun comes up you have your limits but she is limitless. I can talk about her all day and night. You said everyone loves you for your heavenly looks, praises you for your beauty then ask them or ask yourself, do they not love you when you are crescent, half or gibbous? They do, and if you will ask them why...? I am sure they will not be able to explain; because no one can.

The thing is you can't explain why you love someone because some things are made to be felt only. It is not about looks and appearance, it is about the role you are playing. It is about the persona, it is about the image you have created in the heart of your loved ones. And don't compare yourself with her, she is just incomparable. You said everyone loves you, but you will leave your loved ones when the sun rises or on the new moon but when I talk about her she had all the reasons to give up on me, she still has all the reasons to leave me but she stays. Once I asked her why she did so. Why she loves me so much? She just smiled and said because you are you and that's enough for everything, that's enough for loving you. I was speechless at that time. She says I am everything to her, everything she ever wanted or needed.
But the reality is, she is the one I have ever needed, she is the world, she is the sun, she is the moon, she is the ray of hope, sorry; she is hope, she is more than anything..."

"But..." -moon interrupted me

"Dear moon!!! Friend listen to me..." - I interrupted the moon.

I said- "You are amazing at your place but you also have ego, and where ego persists there cannot be any other quality for long. Your ego will kill all of these. When I talk about her then I can say that she doesn’t carry ego for anything, neither for her beauty nor for her appearance. If she has ego of something than it is about my presence with her. Such thoughts of her give me strength. External beauty and shine don't matter, if your Soul is scurrilous. What matters is the beauty of your character and how much sacred your soul is, and how you behave with the one, who have nothing to give you. This makes you enlightened and gives brightness to your soul. This is the real beauty and the real shine. When you will live like this then you will not have to explain anything to anyone like you are the brightest one rather your brightness will reflect from your soul and your brightness will light up forever. I hope that you can understand why I have disputed this to you."

Then I started where I left, started beholding her again.

Now the moon was looking at both of us, maybe moon had understood...
© Copyright 2018 Sawan (sawan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153984-The-Brightest-One