*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153994-The-Process
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2153994
Three Minute Read
The Process

“The part I was waiting for finally came yesterday, I’m fixing the washing machine today!” John said, confidently.

“Oh good,” Annie said, “I don't have to go to the laundromat.”

“I’ll have it done in no time,” off he went to the basement.

The laundry area was crammed into a tight corner of the basement. He had put up plastic walls to keep the wood dust from his shop out, but obviously, they were not doing the job anymore, there was dust everywhere. He decided he needed to vac the area before pulling out the washing machine.

As he got close to his fake wall, the vacuum bumped the post holding the plastic, down it came in a heap. The other side, even more covered with wood dust. He needed to fix this, and probably vacuum the shop area a bit too. But first he needed a new post and some better plastic. Off he went to the hardware store.

Waiting in line, he noticed a sale on lightbulbs. Remembering an upstairs hall light was still out, he grabbed a bunch since he’d kept forgetting to get some. Once home, he thought he might as well put the bulb in while it was fresh on his mind, it would only take a minute. He ran back out to the garage to get the ladder.

But a raccoon had gotten into the trash. Trash was everywhere! Grabbing a broom, he’d gotten it all picked up just as Annie came into the garage. She raised her eyebrows questioningly.

“This isn’t what it looks like,” John said, broom in his hand and remembering the last time they spoke he was on his way to the cellar to fix the washer.

“It never is,” Annie said, putting the full laundry basket into her car.
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153994-The-Process