*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154090-Is-time-really-flying
by RAJ
Rated: E · Other · Self Help · #2154090
We feel that time is passing fast, but the truth is far from what seems like reality
My colleague leaned over from his desk and said, "Each time is flying so fast. Feels like new year was born just few days ago, but we are actually in mid march"
Does this sound familiar?
Is time really flying fast?
My basic research says that surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour.
This theory has not changed. We see lots of post on meteors, planets and galaxies or birth of new stars. But there is no study that says that earth is spinning faster now that it was 30 years ago.
Then why do we feel that time is passing faster than before?
I asked my colleague," how may times do you see your wasp in the first half hour of your waking up", He replied, " as soon as I open my eyes and several times there on.
I have read earlier that time stops inside a black hole. If a person gets into a black hole, by the time he emerges earth would have passed a lot in time.
Just like in the black holes, we have time stops in our daily lives. Only difference is when we come out we have grown older.
We get so engrossed in smart phones that time stops when we are lost in starring at them.
What Sapp, Facebook, Twitter etc. These consume most time. As a result we feel that the time is flying fast these days.
It is not the earth that is spinning fast, but it is we. We are running faster these days.
When we think we feel that the time is slow. But our thinking has reduced drastically in the past 30 years.
Our minds are being filled with information everyday more than how it was 3 decades ago. There is no need to think.
Amanda MacMillan is a freelance health and science writer who has contributed to OutsideShapeSelfPrevention, WebMD, and other publications. She is a triathlete and lives in Brooklyn. She wrote in TIME,
"When was the last time you memorized a friend's new phone number? How about the last time you pulled out your phone to Google a random trivia fact? Chances are you're doing far more of the latter these days--but that kind of convenience may have a downside. A new study suggests that our brains' reliance on smartphones may be taking a toll on our thought processes for problem solving, memory recall, and learning"

"We cannot avoid proliferation of technology around us. This phenomenon is going to continue at a more rapid pace"
We cannot keep away from these realities and expect our lives to blossom. "Smell the roses along your journey'. But roses have disappeared in the spiraling of buildings and roads. Meaning, peace and breathing full is becoming harder in current days. We have been deeply drawn in to the unreal world that we have started believing it as reality
What we can achieve is to recondition our thinking to an attitude of balance.
Not looking at the message on whatsapp as soon as waking up will not affect the sender, but will affect the reader as he is so used to peeping into phones quite often.
If we do not take action to change now, we will be running even more faster and lose the essence of living.
When I go up in front of an audience I can feel monotony setting in when I use words like Motivation, positive thinking, problems, challenges etc. These were strong terms that ruled over industrial revolutions, self-discovery and freedom fights. But now people are looking for something beyond.
Reality TV, incredible stories, incredible feats, amazing adventures, incredible talents and struggles to be the best is raising the bar constantly.
At 60billion messages a day in whatsapp and many more in other social media human brains is jammed with data and information. Google and you tube are like gateway to anything in the universe.
Today's world is looking for quick fixes.
People have forgotten to be patient and wait. No more queuing in banks or movie theatres. Everything is online, even temples have online darshan tickets.
Massive progress is using up all energies and causing so many discomforts. My kid complains of headache, which I never knew at her age.
I got this idea to blog when I saw a black and white movie scene, It was a rare clipping and long forgotten.
We are able to see everything under the sun these days. It is increasing rapidly everyday and clouding our thoughts and minds. Food has changed to fast foods. Quick fixes have been found out as no one has time.
Time has indeed become a rare commodity.
At such an accelerating speed, we lose a lot of time. In the earlier days choices were much lesser and information was restricted. This gave a lot of time for people to feel and live every moment.
As much as speed has caught in human life, diseases have also caught up in the same speed. People get chronic illness at very young age. Hairs have started greying at younger years.
Restlessness has caught up in every life.
"There is more to life than increasing its speed." ~Gandhi
If we don't stop this running, we will be running early into our graves.
At individual level we have to say no to several things in life.

Once my phone got disconnected due to servers being down. For the
First one hour I felt lost and helpless. Having no choice I took this time to go up and speak to friends rather than messaging always. For one day and one night I felt unwound and relaxed. I had reduced the speed of running that revitalized me.
We have to reduce the speed. What if we decide not to look into our phones more often?

Can we have more time to feel that time is not flying?



© Copyright 2018 RAJ (easwaran13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154090-Is-time-really-flying