*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154233-Soul-Connection
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2154233
A short story on how one soul connects with another with no words exchanged.
This story begins on a cool, Friday afternoon. I step from the vehicle, the grounds soft and hold moisture I can feel it through the sole of my shoes, a fresh rain has just come through. There’s a slight breeze to the east and it seems to carry my mind with it. As I approach the front porch it I hear the voices of family carrying on, it seems as though they’re having a good time. I walk up, head hung low, and staring at my feet as I walk, my mind weighing heavy on me this day. I greet everyone individually, shaking hands exhanching how do you do’s. An energy.
An energy so powerful sorrounds me it’s as if I can feel someone pulling on the strings attached to my soul. A feeling of uneasiness sorrounds me as this uneasy feeling grows stronger, I shake it off. I continue to talk to my family members and one of their friends. There’s two children running around playing and cutting up, one of which I know the second I’ve never seen before. Before I could ask of the mystery child’s origins my train of thought is quickly cut off but an abrupt question, coming from which one of my older cousins has directed towards me. I turn to him and answer his question, at the very end of my sentence I feel an electric shock, like I was hit by one hundred thousand volts.
I look down at my hand to figure out what this feeling was and where it came from. This small blonde headed little girl has brushed against me. Why did such a volt come from someone so small I question myself. My throat becomes parched and I need a moment to breath, I ask if I can step inside to get a glass of water. I approach the cabinet to fetch a glass for my water, I step over to the sink and fill my glass and take a sip. I feel a hole being burned into the side of my head from an intense stare. I turn to look. Blonde haired mystery child... and this emotion that I had from the beginning the pulling on my soul’s strings. Holding the child I see a young lady standing there, who I didn’t seem to notice before. “How could I have missed her” I asked myself “has she always been there?” By now I few seconds have passed, more than I would have liked to make an uncomfortable situation out of, my eyes fixed. Stuck on this woman I have this strange feeling. I quickly dismiss it.
The young lady then speaks to the Blonde haired little girl “what is it? Do you see someone new?” She asked. My eyes fixed on the young woman and what seems to be her child, which I put together by her grabbing diapers out of a diaper bag, and the child’s eyes locked on me. A voice comes from the back of my head, what it said I’m not entirely sure but it was almost like a slap in the back of my skull. Which caused me to swallow the lump in my throat and allowed me to speak. “ Well aren’t you a pretty little girl.” I comment “really?” I think to my self “that’s the best you could come up with?” I walk past them and head out the door. Shaken up I quickly say goodbye to every one and try to get away from here as I have a sense that if I stay I could mess my whole life up. I leave and I don’t think about it for the rest of the day.
I lay down in bed that night, get comfortable and slowly drift off to sleep with nothing on my mind. That night I have a dream.
I’m standing in a field and in this field there’s wild flowers of every kind with what you would think were a million different colors of flowers but no, many different types of flowers but they were all yellow. Even flowers I’ve seen and known were different colors before, were now yellow. It had to be evening in this field somewhere around sunset, there’s a warm cast over the entire field and just on the other I can see a figure standing in a white dress. I begin walking towards this silhouette and as I’m walking the flowers are breaking into dust and going off into the wind. I get closer and I can see now. The young woman standing there before me in a lacen white dress. She stands looking at me, intensely. Our eyes fixed on each other. I ask her what her name is, I get no reply. She turns away from me and I reach out for her and before my hand reaches her shoulder I jump out of my sleep. I look around to check my sorroundings, I rub my eyes, pull the cover back and place my feet on the floor. Ever since then this person has been on my mind every day and I feel a connection like I’ve never felt before to someone. I’m not crushing on this person but I believe this person has entered my life and is going to make a major change in my life whether it be a lesson or something gained. Never spoken a word to, just eye contact.
© Copyright 2018 DandyLion (dandylion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154233-Soul-Connection