*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155158-The-Outside
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #2155158
Short Fictional Story
We snuck downstairs with open minds, clear heads and a lot of nerves. She has not fed us all day and we are seriously starving. Our bellies are rumbling, shaking the whole house. We get down seven steps, creak! The steps made sudden nose like a cockroach in a field.
"shush!", said Arthur.
"if she catches us that is no food for a week, and the evil witch will make us drink from the toilets!"

Oh, I'm very sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. Hello/Bonjour/Hola, my name is Angel Foster and i am 12 years old. I live in a care home with four other girls and 4 boys. This is being written in the year 1987 and if you find this, this is my story...
Now let me explain what is really going on, we all got punished today for being 'too happy' and laughing. I know crazy right? Anyway, the evil witch (Mrs Appletop), says children should be seen and not heard. You're probably thinking 'Mrs'? Don't worry we are all thinking the same, who would want to marry that monster? Sorry i keep going off topic, let me get back into my story.

We were all very cautious when walking now, as we didn't really want to get caught. This is our first time sneaking out of our rooms. It was extremely dark so we couldn't see anything at all. I'm with my little sister, she is 9 years of age and ever so fragile. Then we see the light! The heavens! The outside!
"Angel, look! Please can we go. I've never seen the outside!" said my little sister.
"Mrs Appletop told us she knew what was best for us and we should never leave, remember?"

The boys started walking out, you could hear their happiness from inside this dull, mellow building. Then all the girls went stumbling after and all that remained steps away from freedom was me and my little sister.
"please Angel... Please!"
"Fine, but we have to come straight..."
Before i could finish my sentence she was out of the door as fast as the blink of an eye. I followed behind, and oh my.. It was so beautiful. The lights on the roads and coming off the buildings were a lot brighter than any i had ever seen, and there are these things on two wheels and people are moving them with their feet. Amazing! We done it, we have made it to the outside and now i am getting a rush of adrenaline due to the excitement that over takes my body. We all see an enormous yellow M sign. McDonools or something.. Miss Appletop never really taught us how o read but i taught myself with the piles of unread books and the hours of boredom i face day in day out.
"Let's go there guys!" i scream
And before you know it we are all standing outside of this
As i turn to see my sister i notice she is not here. The busy rush of people charging up and down the streets made it hard for my to look. Frantically, i turned around to see if i could find her. There she was, shining like a star walking across the road to follow after us. I do love my little sister!

"NOOOOOOO!"
BANG. SMACK. CRASH. THUMP. AHHHHHH. WEEEEOOOOO WEEEEOOOO. BEEP.. BEEP.. BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEEP.

My baby sister... She's dead.. And its all my fault. I will never forgive myself.

If you find this I am so sorry... I just wanted to see my baby sister happy...
© Copyright 2018 BeautyBehindSecrets (angelxoxo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155158-The-Outside