*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155191-Query-Letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Young Adult · #2155191
Query letter to be sent to literary agent for representation to publisher
Dear XXX,

I am contacting you because you represent XXX and are actively seeking YA literature. This novel is inspired by the historical event of the 1900 Great Galveston Hurricane.

Xavier, a 16-year-old biracial boy in Galveston, Texas, in the year 1900, faces the consequences of racial tensions after he expresses an interest in Sophia, a White girl, which his community feels should be prohibited . When she admits to similar feelings, their love is threatened by both, the community and a monstrous hurricane racing up the Gulf of Mexico.

But greater than either threat is his own father, who returns to town, surprised to discover he has a son. For the average father this would be amazing news, but for this dad, a dark secret is at risk of being exposed and he will do anything to keep it hidden, even at cost of his son's life. With danger at every turn and few people to trust, Xavier struggles to reunite with Sophia in a night of chaos, at the merciless hands of Mother Nature.

The idea for this story came from my love for meteorology, which I was fascinated by since a small child and creative writing, which sprang my interest in my tween years.

GALVESTON is a YA Romance/Historical Fiction novel set at XXX words. The manuscript is available, in part or full, upon request.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,

Anthony Sanders


© Copyright 2018 Anthony Sanders (aprettyboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155191-Query-Letter