*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155586-Scene-3---Lost-Wallet-Lost-friend
by K. Ray
Rated: E · Chapter · Mystery · #2155586
Lost Wallet, Lost friend
This needs work, and honest reviews help. The second version is less wordy, in my opinion, but still needs help.

Scene 2 - Lost Wallet Lost Friend

Somewhere between winning two-hundred dollars at a blackjack table near the entrance of the MGM Grand and feeding the last of her profit to a Lucky Cat slot machine near the bowling alley in the back corner of the same casino, Madison Jacobson lost her wallet. It had disappeared from the six inches of seat space between her rear-end and the backrest of her wheelchair's seat. Reversing her steps, on the way back to the blackjack table, she scanned the tile floor, hoping it would appear. At 3'8" tall, sitting down in a wheelchair two-feet off the ground gave her a considerable boost to her standing height, but the average person roaming the casino towered over her, even sitting on what Tay called The Red Throne. However, she hoped this vantage point would for once work in her favor. If nobody had found the wallet already, and assuming she'd dropped it, seeing things at ground-level would come in handy. As she came upon the blackjack table where earlier she sat, a renewed sense of panic crept up on and overwhelmed her rational reason to hope. Furthering the panic, adding a double-shot of adrenaline to her overwhelmed nerves, was the sight of the table. The third chair, the one she'd sat in, was occupied now by one of the giants, and the 2nd chair where Taylor had said--had promised!--that she'd be at, was empty. She'd just lost her best friend.

Somewhere between winning two-hundred dollars at a blackjack table near the entrance of the MGM Grand and feeding the last of her profit into a Lucky Cat slot machine near the bar, Madison lost her wallet. She noticed it missing when she went to pay for the shot of Jager she'd ordered. The wallet usually sat on six-inches of pleather between where her ass ended and the backrest of the wheelchair-seat began. At the bar, when she'd reached behind her back to grab it, it wasn't there. She propelled the joystick in her right hand forward and the chair responded. She raced through the casino, scanning the floor as she made her way back to the Lucky Cat. At the BJ-table, she remembered putting the chip she'd won into her wallet and then at the Lucky Cat she pulled cash from the wallet for the machine. She retraced the path from the bar to the machine--a short distance--several times, but found nothing. Resignedly, she made her way back to the BJ tables. The empty 3rd seat at the table she'd been playing at sent fresh waves of adrenaline through her body--on top of everything, she'd now lost her best friend. Tay had said -- no, promised -- that she'd stay there while Madison went to the bar.


© Copyright 2018 K. Ray (writerk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155586-Scene-3---Lost-Wallet-Lost-friend