*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155751-Forgiveness
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #2155751
Forgiveness is not granted easily. Especially for big mistakes. Read to find out more
He entered the room with chocolates in his hand and a hopeful smile on his face.

"Hi, Anna. Look, I've got you your favorite chocolates. You love them, don't you?" he said holding them out to her.

But she didn't take them, neither did she glance at him.

"I'm really sorry Anna, please forgive me, at least now. I have learnt my lesson and will not repeat it again ever." he pleaded to her to forgive him.

But she ignored him completely.

"I guess today also I won't be getting any forgiveness for my mistake, huh?" he slumped down in a chair.

"Five years back, I had promised something to you, which I ended up breaking the very next day due to my own stupidity which I am regretting till date." he said with regret lacing his voice.

"I had promised to you that I wouldn't ever drink too much and even if I did, I wouldn't drive. I had promised that I would ask you to come and pick me up. But I didn't..... I... I'm sorry Anna." he broke down.

He looked over at her, waiting for her to comfort him, to tell him that it would all be fine, but to no avail.

He sighed with sadness and continued to reminisce memories of that fated night when he had drunk-driven and crashed with another car, causing the driver of that car to fall into a long coma.

And maybe, fate had it's own way of teaching him a lesson, because the person whom he had crashed into was none other than Anna, his little sister whom he protected from the cruelity of the outer world. Little did he know, that he would be the one hurting her the most.


© Copyright 2018 Inkgirl (inkgirl1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155751-Forgiveness