*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2156012-The-Flying-Goat
by Paul
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Comedy · #2156012
Looking up is a challenge.
I always show up early for appointments and this being our first face-to-face meeting I'm very anxious. "Here it is! Why did she pick this obscure coffee shop? I've never heard of Flying Goat Coffee." Getting the walker out of my car is a real pain in a soft spot, my back. "C'mon back, don't screw with me!"

Everyone thinks having a bad back means you can't pick up heavy stuff; wrong! I can still pick up a lot, but I can't stand straight. I've been told I have the posture of walking question mark, I can't look up without sitting down or look ahead walking. I do okay, but I miss watching women's butts.

"The one on the left looks right and there's an booth empty I can watch from." The woman coming out held the door from me with a sidelong look. I talk to myself a lot and get worried looks from strangers. "Thank you so much."

"Your welcome."

*****
At the ten minute late mark my phone rang. "Hi, what's up? I'm already here."

"No, your not, I got here fifteen minutes ago, where are you?"

"I'm in a booth watching the front door waiting for you."

"Booth?"

"Yeah, right across from the door."

"There aren't any booths. You're in the wrong place."

Finally really looking 'Up' I see the sign for Bandini's Sandwich Bar high on the wall. "Oh, crap, it says Bandini's Sandwiches."

It took a minute for her to stop laughing and tell me she was next door. Turning sideways leaving I saw Flying Goat over the right door and Bandini's over the left.

That's been a standing joke with us for the last three years. The coffee was very good too.
© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2156012-The-Flying-Goat