*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2156752-Evolve-Episode-Two--Part-Two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Sci-fi · #2156752
In the aftermath of First Mission, Genevieve goes rogue, a pair of mysterious men close in

ACT THREE



EXT. THE STREETS - DAY

We get our first look at a typical neighborhood in this subterranean city. It looks a lot like any typical neighborhood on the surface, only with a lot more fluorescent lighting.

Genevieve walks past the storefronts, along with Tommy and Kelsey.

GENEVIEVE
So you guys have someplace to
stay tonight?

TOMMY
Yeah, we’re cool. Figured we’d
just head over to The Shelter.

GENEVIEVE
You sure? Cause my house -

TOMMY
I’m sure, Genny. It’s safe, they
know us there.
(slight pause)
Besides, your Grandma kinda creeps
me out.

KELSEY
(argues)
Aww, I think she’s sweet.

TOMMY
You think that guy livin’ in the
dumpster on First is sweet.

KELSEY
Dumpster Jack! I love Dumpster
Jack.

TOMMY
All right, all right. Calm down.

KELSEY
What? He gave me a cookie once.

After a moment…

GENEVIEVE
Gross.

The kids continue their walk down the block.

CUT TO:


EXT. THE SHELTER - EARLY EVENING

A shabby collection of TENTS and broken down MOTOR HOMES, the Shelter is where people go when they have nowhere else to go.

Dozens of homeless people have gathered here, nobody owns anything, they all share everything.

There are some lined up at a table, waiting their turn for some very unappetizing mush from a filthy pot. As nasty as it looks, the people are thrilled to have it.

A few of them try to sleep, gathering whatever they can for blankets and pillows.

Amongst these poor, homeless people, Tommy and Kelsey feel the most comfortable. They walk through the crowd, obviously very familiar with several of the people they encounter.

Tommy heads toward one of the MOBILE HOMES, one that seems to stand out from the rest.

Behind him, Kelsey sees someone she knows, takes off.

Tommy reaches out to open the door.

CUT TO:


INT. MOBILE HOME - CONTINUOUS

Tommy pulls the door open, walking up the steps and into the small living room.

The place is dark, appears to be empty. Tommy walks in a little further.

TOMMY
Hello?

He looks around the dark, empty room, with a playful smile that suggests he knows the place isn’t empty at all; someone’s hiding.

TOMMY
(singsong)
Come out, come out, wherever you
are.

He HEARS some CANS rustle behind him, he whips around to see SOMEONE RUSHNG HIM!

Tommy swings his arm, wrapping it around the man’s neck, the two go to the floor.

They wrestle for a moment, hitting the leg of a table and sending an EMPTY BEER BOTTLE over the edge, SHATTERING on the floor inches from their heads.

They both look over at the bottle, and once they realize how close they came to getting hit by the bottle, they both begin to LAUGH.

The boys get to their feet, the new guy a few years older, early to mid-twenties. His BLACK HAIR is much less attention grabbing than Tommy’s bright orange spikes, but he makes up for it with a RIDICULOUS number of facial piercing and tattoos.

TOMMY
(very familiar)
Hey Zim-mell!

ZIMMELL
(acting formal)
Thomas.

TOMMY
Got room for a couple more?

ZIMMELL
Of course, bro. Always a place
for you guys.

Tommy walks the two steps to the fridge, helping himself to a brew.

TOMMY
Thanks Zimmy. Only a couple days,
swear.

ZIMMELL
Whatever you need, man. What
happened to your place?

TOMMY
We got raided.

ZIMMELL
Drugs?

TOMMY
Fruit.

ZIMMELL
(amused)
Fruit?

TOMMY
(not)
Fruit.

ZIMMELL
(chuckles)
You always were different, Tommy.

Tommy tips his beer to his friend.

TOMMY
And you’re the picture of normalcy.

CUT TO:


EXT. THE STREETS - EVENING

In an attempt to duplicate the sun, the lights that illuminate the subterranean city have gotten dim, casting that dusky glow over the streets below.

The streets are starting to bustle with nightlife, meaning the teens have hit the streets, replacing the hectic, fast paced action of the business world with the laid back, hang-out-and-party lifestyle.

From the crowd, Genevieve emerges, neither hanging out nor partying on her mind. She’s searching, the fact that she has no idea where to search not even a concern.

SOMEONE IS FOLLOWING her, several yards away but steadily getting closer.

As Genevieve turns into an alley, it doesn’t seem like she’s aware of her tail, but when the follower turns the corner, she is gone.

Whoever it is looks around, there are several trash cans and a couple of dark corners she can be hiding herself with.

Turns out, she opted for one of the dark corners, but by the time Steve figures that out she has him pinned up against the wall, her forearm pressed against his neck.

She realizes it’s Steve, and lightens up.

STEVE
(coughs)
Hey, Gen.

GENEVIEVE
Steve. What the hell are you
doing here?

ALEC
(O.S.)
We’re here to find you.

GENEVIEVE
(to herself)
Oh, crap.
(to Steve)
What’d you do, tattle on me?

STEVE
No, I -

Alec walks up to her.

ALEC
He did the right thing, Genny.
We can help you.

GENEVIEVE
Wait. You came to help me?

ALEC
Well, yeah. What, did you think
I was here to fight you?

GENEVIEVE
No. Of course not… kind of.

ALEC
No thanks. I like all my parts
right where they are, thank you.

STEVE
So, wait. Hold on. What are we
doing here?

GENEVIEVE
Going after Doctor Silas.

STEVE
And when we catch him…?

GENEVIEVE
It’s gonna get ugly.

STEVE
(to Alec)
And you’re okay with this?

ALEC
You going to try and stop her?

Steve really can’t believe his ears.

STEVE
Then what? We’re just gonna kill
him?

ALEC
Of course not!

GENEVIEVE
(same time)
You’re damn right!

ALEC
No, Genevieve. You’re not killing
him.

Genevieve really wants to argue, but instead…

GENEVIEVE
Fine. But I’m definitely breaking
some bones.

ALEC
(to Steve)
See that? She can be reasoned
with.

STEVE
Remind me never to piss her off.

GENEVIEVE
(starts walking away)
Just don’t kill any of my friends,
we’ll be fine.

STEVE
(as they follow)
I can do that.

CUT TO:


INT. NONDESCRIPT OFFICE - EVENING

The bald man on the Left hangs up his phone, his long haired partner to the Right gives him a hopeful look.

LEFT
We got her.

RIGHT
So our friend finally came through.
Got an address?

MAN ON LEFT
Sure do.

MAN ON RIGHT
Groovy. Let’s pay our respects.

The men RISE and head to the door, their movements are EXACTLY THE SAME, perfectly in sync.

CUT TO:


EXT. ALLEY - EVENING

Dr. Silas is seated on some METAL STEPS, impatiently waiting for something. He is still topless, his shirt and coat reduced to ash in the steel drum several yards away.

On his back, between the shoulder blades, his PERTHRO SCAR reminds us who he works for.

After a moment, FIVE SOLDIERS (the same from the raid earlier, the PERTHRO patch on their arms) slowly appear around him, surrounding him.

As they close in, he notices them, but doesn‘t look up.

SILAS
Took you long enough.

The Soldier’s don’t reply. They stare at him silent, their GUNS pointed at him.

He looks up to see the guns, and it seems to amuse him.

SILAS
You know, I did this voluntarily.

They continue to stare. He laughs.

SILAS
Fine. Do it your way.

He stands, a sarcastic smile for the Soldier in front of him. He puts his hands on his head, and turns around.

The Soldier pulls a pair of HANDCUFFS from his belt, but before he can put them on…

Out of nowhere, Genevieve LEAPS INTO SCENE, throwing a left kick into the head of one of the Soldiers.

Upon landing, her foot immediately connects with the jaw of a second.

A third Soldier turns, just as he fires he’s TACKLED by Steve, who takes him to the ground, causing the bullets to fire awkwardly into a fourth Soldier's THIGH.

Genevieve punches the fifth as Silas turns, about to pounce when he’s grabbed from behind by Alec, who applies a half Nelson, holding the older Scientist in place.

ALEC
Don’t worry, doc. You’ll get your
turn.

As Steve and the Soldier on the ground wrestle over the rifle, Genevieve works on the other three.

With a few quick kicks and a couple nice moves to avoid some bullets, she takes down the first two.

As she brings a fist back to finish off the last one, her eyes fall on SOMETHING and she suddenly stops.

The Soldier’s bicep, the ancient rune PERTHRO.

The Soldier sees her hesitation, bashes her in the face with the butt of his gun.

She stumbles back, the Soldier turns his gun around.

Steve finally overpowers his Soldier, yanking the gun away and smashing the man in the face.

Just before Genevieve’s Soldier pulls the trigger, Steve shoots him in the side of the head.

Stunned, it takes Genevieve a moment to register what just happened; she thought she was shot at first.

She looks over to Steve, who slowly moves the gun from Soldier to Soldier, making sure none of them move.

Then she looks over to Silas, still held back by Alec.

GENEVIEVE
Dr. Silas.

SILAS
I always kind of suspected it was
you.

Genevieve walks up to him, PUNCHES him in the face.

CUT TO:

EXT. THE SHELTER - EVENING

Tommy and Zimmell are walking along the campground. Several HOMELESS PEOPLE are preparing for dinner, bedtime.

TOMMY
There’s a lot of people here.

ZIMMELL
Yeah, man, it’s getting bad out
there. That old factory on the
east side shut down, drove a ton
of newbies my way. Families, man.
With kids.

TOMMY
Your kingdom’s getting pretty
big, my friend. Soon, your army
will be ready.

ZIMMELL
Dude, Tommy, I told you man, it’s
not like that. It’s not an army.
We can do this without fighting.

TOMMY
Why bother? Fenris is gonna
fight.

ZIMMELL
Yeah, well, not me. I’m too busy
keeping these people alive.

TOMMY
Ahh, the noble life.
(inhales deeply)
Bo-ring!

Zimmell just laughs, shaking his head.

Kelsey and her little friend, Scraps, a tiny little dude who looks like he’s a permanent resident of the Shelter. They are both very excited.

KELSEY
Tommy, Tommy, come quick! You gotta
check this out!

He looks down at his little sister.

CUT TO:


EXT. THE SHELTER - A FEW YARDS AWAY - EVENING

Tommy and Zimmell follow the younger kids to the outskirts of the Shelter, where a large, flat area looks outer over much of the city.

Kelsey heads straight for a small, homemade TELESCOPE bolted to the ground at the edge.

KELSEY
(very excited)
Look, look!

TOMMY
What’s so exciting?

KELSEY
Scraps heard gunshots, they’re
fighting down there!

TOMMY
(moves to telescope)
What? Who?

KELSEY
I couldn’t see any faces, but the
Soldiers got their asses kicked.

Tommy looks into the scope.


THROUGH THE SCOPE

Although he doesn’t know who they are, Tommy can see Alec and Steve, who appear to be standing guard, while a girl with her back to him is working over a man on the ground pretty good.

On the ground there are five Soldiers; he can't tell if they're alive.


BACK TO SCENE

Tommy, still looking in the telescope.

TOMMY
Holy crap!

He pulls his head away from the scope, giving Zimmell an approving glance.

TOMMY
This is awesome!

He looks back in.


THROUGH THE SCOPE

Tommy moves slightly, to get a closer look at the Soldiers. He notices their patches, the PERTHRO rune they all wear.


BACK TO SCENE

Tommy is still looking.

TOMMY
Whoa. That’s Fenris!

ZIMMELL
What?


THROUGH THE SCOPE

View moves back to the girl, who turns briefly, allowing Tommy to see her face.


BACK TO SCENE

Tommy pulls back, shocked.

TOMMY
Genny?

KELSEY
Genny?

TOMMY
What the hell is going on down
there?

He slowly moves the telescope, scanning the area. He stops, his expression suddenly drops.

TOMMY
Oh, crap.

CUT TO:


EXT - ALLEY EVENING

Silas rolls on the ground, coughing. Genevieve paces next to him.

GENEVIEVE
Why’d you do it, Silas?

SILAS
We have our reasons.

GENEVIEVE
You care to fill me in?

SILAS
You’ll find out soon enough.

ALEC
Ooh, bad answer.

Genevieve kicks Silas in the ribs, he groans in severe pain.

GENEVIEVE
Want to try again?

SILAS
No thanks.
(spits blood)
I’m happy with my answer.

She kicks him in the face, jerking his head harshly to the side.

STEVE
(O.S.)
Gen!

She turns to face Steve, who’s motioning toward a connecting alley.

STEVE
Company.

Another battalion is rushing toward them, ten more Fenris Soldiers, armed to the teeth.

Genevieve’s eyes widen.

GENEVIEVE
(sarcastic)
Oh, goody.

FADE OUT.



END OF ACT THREE






ACT FOUR



FADE IN:

EXT. ALLEY - EVENING

Genevieve PUNCHES the closest Soldier in the face, and then kicks another one in the chin.

GUNFIRE ERUPTS immediately, Genevieve gracefully dodging head over heels as she moves toward another Soldier, who gets a heel to the side of his head.

While Alec and Steve provide cover fire, Genevieve handles most of the Soldiers on her own. Her moves are extremely graceful, her hits perfect, deadly.

Blood splashes onto a wall, another Soldier hitting the ground as Genevieve’s fist hits him in the side of the head.

Using the distraction, Doctor Silas pushes himself up.

Before he can get to far, KELSEY FALLS FROM ABOVE, landing on his back, and pushing him back to the ground.

She squats, getting her mouth right by his ear.

KELSEY
(taunting)
Ah, ah, ah!

SILAS
What’s this? Who are you?

Tommy’s boot comes into the scene, kicking Silas in the mouth.

TOMMY
Keep it down, d-bag! I’m tryin’
to watch the show.

Tommy turns his attention on Genevieve, who -

- is clutching a Soldier (presumably dead) by the collar. She HURLS him into the crowd, his body interrupting the actions of a couple of his mates.

Steve and Alec continue to fire at the Soldiers, and so far the trio has trimmed the group down to six.

Genevieve spin kicks one in the face, turning her back on another Soldier, who turns his gun on Genevieve.

He’s about to shoot her in the back when he suddenly buckles backward, Tommy kicked him in the back of the thigh. As the Soldier falls back, Tommy brings his knee into the Soldier’s back, followed by an elbow to the chest that finishes him off.

Tommy grabs the gun out of his hand before the Soldier hits the ground.

TOMMY
Hey Genny.

The Soldier struggles to his knees. Tommy hits him in the face with the butt of the gun. The Soldier falls back down.

TOMMY
What’s up?

Genevieve looks at him, a little angry, while driving her elbow into the face of a Soldier.

GENEVIEVE
Tommy, what the hell are you
doing here?

She takes the Soldier’s face and bounces it off of her knee.

TOMMY
Followed the gunshots.

A Soldier comes behind Genevieve; Tommy boots him in the face.

GENEVIEVE
Well, get outta here, this is
dangerous.

Tommy waves her off, BLOWING A RASPBERRY.

Silas PUSHES, overpowering the Kelsey, knocking her onto her butt; Silas gets to his feet.

SILAS
God damn kids.

He grabs a rifle from one of the dead Soldier’s hand and points it at her head.

Tommy sees it, and quickly FIRES at Silas.

Several BULLETS punch into Silas’ back, and he drops to the ground.

Tommy is rewarded by getting SHOT himself, several bullets from several guns hitting him AT ONCE. He twists in all directions as he falls to the ground.

KELSEY
Tommy!

Genevieve looks at Tommy, IN HER RAGE, everything SLOWS DOWN.

She rushes at the closest Soldier, and proceeds to PUNCH and KICK her way through SEVERAL SOLDIERS, taking them out as if they were practice targets.

Steve is watching, in awe.

Genevieve CONTINUES tearing her way through the Soldiers, taking them down easily and brutally. Her punches and kicks are amazingly accurate, and she is moving way to fast for any bullets to hit her.

Kelsey is confused, amazed, still on her knees next to Silas’ gasping body.

None of the Soldiers are standing. Only a few are still conscious.

ANOTHER WAVE of Soldiers, even more than before, floods the alley, surrounding them.

SOLDIER
Everybody freeze!

Genevieve whips her head to look; before she can react, GUNSHOTS ring out. Almost immediately, the ENTIRE GROUP OF SOLDIERS is dead.

The teens look around, wondering what just happened.

Genevieve sees one first; they are surrounded by Cadets, each in their COMBAT GEAR.

GENEVIEVE
You guys, it’s the Academy!

They relax, and from an alley, Zetch emerges.

STEVE
Zetch?

GENEVIEVE
What are you doing here?

ZETCH
(ignoring her)
Troops, I’ve got a man down over
here!

A pair of Cadets rush to Tommy, as does Kelsey. She kneels at his side.

KELSEY
Hold on, Tommy. You can’t die.

Silas starts to LAUGH through gasps for breath.

Genevieve looks at him, angry. She walks over to him.

GENEVIEVE
What the hell’s going on, Silas?

SILAS
You truly are impressive.
(coughs)
I can see why he wants you.

GENEVIEVE
Who? What are you talking about.

Genevieve stares into his eyes as the life leaves them.

SIRENS in the b.g., AMBULANCES roll up.

Genevieve walks over to Zetch.

GENEVIEVE
Silas is dead.
(beat)
Where are you taking my friend?

ZETCH
He’s going to the hospital. You
are coming with me.

GENEVIEVE
Like hell!
(re: Tommy)
I’m going with him.

ZETCH
(shakes head)
Oh, no. You’re getting’ in that
car over there and coming with
me.

GENEVIEVE
And if I don’t?

ZETCH
This order doesn’t come from me,
Genevieve. Let’s go.

GENEVIEVE
(surrenders)
Fine.

She walks over to Kelsey, puts her hand on the little girl’s shoulder.

Kelsey is a sobbing, trembling mess.

GENEVIEVE
They’re going to take you to the
hospital, sweetie. I’ll be there
as soon as I can.

KELSEY
Please, please, Genny don’t let
him die.

GENEVIEVE
Hey, hey. They won’t let him die,
Kelsey. He’s going to be okay.
Just go with them to the hospital.

KELSEY
(sniffs)
Okay.

Genevieve walks back to Zetch, shooting him a nasty glare.

GENEVIEVE
Let’s go.

He motions to the car with his arm.

CUT TO:


INT. THE DIRECTOR’S OFFICE - NIGHT

The Director sits as his desk. Genevieve faces him, upset, ashamed, impatient.

DIRECTOR
You want to explain to me what
happened out there?

GENEVIEVE
Just did what had to be done,
sir.

He stares at her, not quite sure what to say.

GENEVIEVE
What, am I in trouble?

DIRECTOR
Have a seat, Genevieve.

GENEVIEVE
I don’t want to sit down. What’s
going on?

DIRECTOR
It’s the Government, Genevieve.
They called. They think it’s
time.

GENEVIEVE
(sudden fear)
What? No, no way! I’m not ready!

DIRECTOR
Well, they seem to think you
are.

GENEVIEVE
Well, then you need to tell them
they’re wrong.

DIRECTOR
I’m afraid it isn’t that simple.

She stares at him, at a loss for words. After a second, she just shrugs her shoulders.

GENEVIEVE
Whatever. I’m not going.

Like the teenager she is, she simply turns away, intending to walk out of the room.

DIRECTOR
I really don’t believe you
have a choice, dear.

She stops in her tracks, unable to believe her ears. She turns back, confused.

GENEVIEVE
What? Of course I do. They
don’t own me.

DIRECTOR
(calmly)
Genevieve, calm down.

GENEVIEVE
Calm down, are you kidding?

DIRECTOR
(sternly)
Genevieve!

She stops, stunned by his tone. Then shame hits, and her eyes fall to the floor.

GENEVIEVE
Sorry, sir.

He looks at her, unable to stay mad.

DIRECTOR
(softly)
Go home, get some rest. Calm down.
We’ll continue this tomorrow.

She looks at him, about to argue, but one look into his eyes changes her mind.

GENEVIEVE
Yes sir. Thank you, sir.

She turns her back on the old man, and heads back toward the darkness surrounding them.

FADE TO:


INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Tommy is asleep in his bed in the ICU.

THROUGH a large window, Kelsey is watching him. Genevieve walks up to her.

GENEVIEVE
Hey.

Kelsey looks at her, smiles a forced smile.

KELSEY
Hey.

GENEVIEVE
How’s he doing?

KELSEY
He’ll be all right.

GENEVIEVE
That’s good.

The girls are silent a moment.

KELSEY
(keeping her eyes
on Tommy)
Hey, Gen.

GENEVIEVE
(also keeping her
gaze on Tommy)
Yeah?

KELSEY
What the hell was that, in the
alley earlier?

She looks up at Genevieve, her tear streaked mascara running down her cheeks.

GENEVIEVE
Probably a gang or something.

Kelsey KNOWS she’s lying. She just shakes her head and stares down at the floor.

KELSEY
Whatever.

GENEVIEVE
Look, Kelsey -

KELSEY
He almost died for you, you know.

Genevieve looks at Tommy.

GENEVIEVE
Yeah, Kels. I know.

Kelsey’s attention is now back on her brother.

GENEVIEVE
He’s fine.

Kelsey begins to tremble. Genevieve stands up.

GENEVIEVE
Come on. Let’s go get some air.

Kelsey nods and gets to her feet.

Genevieve leads her down the hall. Kelsey looks back at her brother nervously.

CUT TO:


EXT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Outside the hospital the air is DARK and COLD.

A BUM stumbles across the street. A car SCREECHES to a stop, almost hitting him.

The DRIVER HONKS, the Bum pounds on the hood.

BUM
(drunken mumbling)
Watch where I’m going you
stupid son of a…

He trails off, not finishing his sentence, wandering to the other side of the road, where a group of DERELICTS are sitting behind a dumpster, drinking out of bottles wrapped in brown paper bags.

GENEVIEVE
(O.S.)
He’s going to be okay, you
know.

KELSEY
(O.S.)
I don’t want to talk about it
anymore.

GENEVIEVE and KELSEY walk past the dumpster.

GENEVIEVE
That’s cool. What should we talk
about?

Kelsey doesn't even need to think about it.

KELSEY
Why don’t you go to school,
Genny?

The Derelicts notice the girls, watch them walk by.

GENEVIEVE
I do, Kels. I go to the Academy.

KELSEY
The Academy? Academy of what?

Genevieve realizes she doesn’t know.

GENEVIEVE
Well it’s… actually… I’m not
sure. It’s just called the
Academy.

They are nearing a dark ALLEY. In the darkness, SOMETHING MOVES.

KELSEY
Why don’t you guys ever tell me
anything?

They are now passing the alley.

GENEVIEVE
I’m serious, Kelsey. I mean, I’m
pretty sure it’s government
funded, but aside from that -

A HUGE HAND reaches out of the alley, GRABBING Kelsey by the arm. She’s YANKED into the darkness.

GENEVIEVE
Kelsey!

Genevieve rushes to the alley, she’s cut off by a TALL, SKINNY man wearing a BULLDOG MASK. He grabs her with his left hand, covers her mouth with his right, and DRAGS her into the alley.


IN THE DARK ALLEY

BULLDOG shoves Genevieve up against the wall, his hand still covering her mouth, pushing her head into the wall.

Genevieve looks around, sees Kelsey being held in the air by her neck by a giant wearing a KITTEN MASK, complete with a TAIL sticking out of a hole in his pants.

Kelsey, legs flailing, is looking at Genevieve, desperate for help.

Kitten GROWLS, Kelsey KICKS her leg, hitting him in the GROIN.

Kitten ROARS loudly, and throws her across the alley into the brick wall. Kelsey bounces off the wall and hits the ground.

She can HEAR the Bulldog LAUGHING, the obnoxious HIGH PITCHED sound ECHOING in her head. Through BLURRY vision she can see Kitten standing over her.

Kitten WATCHES as Kelsey tries to get up.

Bulldog is still LAUGHING. He doesn’t notice that Genevieve is staring right at him, GRINNING.

GENEVIEVE
Oh, you guys have messed up now.

Kelsey’s vision is fading to WHITE, getting blurrier every second.

FADE TO WHITE.


FADE IN:

EXT. GRANDMA’S HOUSE - NIGHT

The TWO MEN in BLACK SUITS and DARK SUNGLASSES are walking down the block in PERFECT UNISON, their strides EXACTLY the same.

They both turn at the same time, heading into a yard full of TACKY LAWN DECORATIONS. They step over the ARMY of GNOMES leading up to the front door.

The long haired man on the RIGHT knocks on the door.

They wait patiently for a moment, then the door opens a crack, and Grandma peeks out.

GRANDMA
Yes? Can I help you boys?

LEFT
Mrs. Pitzcotti?

RIGHT
May we have a word with you
about your granddaughter?

They don’t wait for permission, Left pushes the door open and the men walk inside, past Grandma, leaving her stammering at the door.

FADE OUT.


END OF ACT FOUR




TAG



FADE IN:

EXT. DARK ALLEY - NIGHT

Bulldog turns to look at Genevieve.

BULLDOG
Don’t worry honey, your turn’s
coming up soon.

She PUNCHES him in the mouth. Bulldog leaves the ground, FLIES ACROSS THE ALLEY, into the wall.

Kitten turns to face her, her FOOT immediately hits him in the jaw.

Kitten barely stumbles, a sick smile, a bloody lip.

She kicks him TWICE MORE, first in the ABDOMEN, then a spinning kick to the side of the head. Kitten stumbles and falls into some TRASH CANS.

She looks over at Kelsey, she’s unconscious. She turns back to the men, only to see them running away. As she looks down the alley…

DISSOLVE TO:


INT. HOSPITAL - NIGHT

Kelsey is asleep in a dark room. There is a QUIET, STEADY BEEP that keeps beeping every couple seconds.

Slowly she begins to stir, and then her eyes flutter open. She grimaces as she realizes she has a splitting headache.

She looks around the room, confused.

KELSEY
(holding her head)
Where am I?

Her fingers touch a BANDAGE on her forehead.

She looks around, and that’s when she sees Tommy, asleep in his bed on the other side of the room.

KELSEY
(to herself)
Genny?

CUT TO:


INT. GRANDMA’S HOUSE - NIGHT

Genevieve walks into the living room, wiped out.

GENEVIEVE
Grandma?

GRANDMA
(O.S.)
In here.

Genevieve crosses the living room.


IN THE DINING ROOM

The TWO MEN in suits rise to their feet as Genevieve walks into the room.

They do their best to look friendly, casual, but they make Genevieve a little uneasy.

GENEVIEVE
Who are you?

RIGHT extends his hand.

RIGHT
Ms. Pitzcotti. Nice to meet you.
My name is Agent-

GENEVIEVE
I knew it. You guys are from the
Government, aren‘t you?

They don’t answer.

GENEVIEVE
It’s like I told my boss. I’m
not ready.

She waits for a reply, receives only blank stares.

GENEVIEVE
Call me in a couple years.

She goes to walk past them, Right GRABS HER SHOULDER and SHOVES her into a chair.

GENEVIEVE
Who the hell do you think you're -

Left PRESSES A HAND against her mouth.

LEFT
Ms. Pitzcotti, I believe there's
been a mistake.

RIGHT
First of all, we’re not from
your stupid Government.

LEFT
Second of all, we didn't do all
this work just to let you walk
away.

Genevieve calms down, Left releases her face and has a seat.

RIGHT
We’ve seen your records, Ms.
Pitzcotti. We know what you can
do.

GENEVIEVE
(angry)
Those are private records. How
did you see those.

ON THE TATTOO on the back of LEFT'S NECK.

LEFT
Let me just cut to the chase.
We would like to employ you.

FADE TO BLACK, the TATTOO turning RED as we fade, until only the PERTHRO remains, bright red.

Then the symbol fades as well.



END OF EPISODE TWO
© Copyright 2018 JustOutsideReality (outsidereality at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2156752-Evolve-Episode-Two--Part-Two