*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157317-An-Odd-Friend
Rated: E · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #2157317
Bruce wants to have fun at Victor's expense
Bruce wanted to have some fun, but not that damn goody-two-shoes fun. He wanted to do something that people wouldn't forget for a very long time. He thought and thought until a fantastic idea came to mind. Yes, it was the perfect way to have fun, and he didn't have to worry about getting into trouble over it.

Victor was a gullible teen, about as naive as they come, but he was smart. Bruce became concerned that Victor wouldn't do what he asked, not like the other times. Oh yeah, the other times. Over the years, Bruce watched him get whippings from his parents, get punched by bullies, and even get kicked in the jewels by girls. Yeah, Victor was his patsy.

On this day, Bruce found Victor sitting in the bleachers at a baseball game, by himself, as usual, watching his high school team whip the tar out of the opposing team. Although he was alone, he cheered along with the rest of the crowd overwhelmed with school pride and team spirit.

Bruce whispered into Victor's ear.

Victor's expression morphed from joy to horror. It was evident he hated what Bruce suggested, and he protested. People around Victor turned and stared at him strangely, wondering why he was talking so loud. Then he became sullen as Bruce kept telling him how much fun it would be. Victor's will weaken, and Bruce could feel it. He was going to follow through with it.

Then someone hit a home run. The crowd stood and cheered, and so did Victor. Without warning, Victor pushed a little boy down the bleachers, and a horrified mob turned and attacked him.

When asked by the police, witnesses stated before Victor pushed the boy, he was talking loudly to some invisible person named Bruce.

© Copyright 2018 Pernell Rogers (arogers270 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157317-An-Odd-Friend