*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157405-Lesson-One-Nouns-and-Pronouns
Rated: E · Assignment · Writing · #2157405
Assignment and Story project
Assignment One, Part A

1. Without using any examples in the above lesson or this assignment, make a list of twenty common nouns.

         Table
         Chair
         Couch
         Television
         Lamp
         Shelf
         Basket
         Window
         Puzzle
         Laptop
         Computer
         School
         Office
         Theater
         Restaurant
         Kitchen
         Oven
         Refrigerator
         Sink
         Toilet

2. Without using any examples in the above lesson or this assignment, make a list of twenty proper nouns.

         Maine
         Massachusetts
         Connecticut
         Rhode Island
         New Hampshire
         New York
         Vermont
         Pennsylvania
         New Jersey
         Maryland
         Delaware
         Virginia
         West Virginia
         Tennessee
         Mississippi
         Georgia
         North Carolina
         South Carolina
         Florida
         Arkansas

3. Without using any examples in the above lesson or this assignment, make a list of twenty collective nouns.

         Force
         Congregation
         Troup
         Platoon
         Brigade
         Cavalry
         Department
         Board
         Battalion
         Precinct
         Council
         Staff
         Fleet
         Club
         Organization
         Code
         Program
         Couple
         Body
         Site

4. Without using any examples in the above lesson or this assignment, make a list of twenty compound nouns.

         Coffee shop
         Coffee Table
         Love seat
         Surround Sound System
         Video game
         Dish Washer
         Watermelon
         Football
         Baseball
         Basketball
         Dance shoe
         Tap shoe
         Swimsuit
         Wet-suit
         Livingroom
         Classroom
         Bathroom
         Dining-room
         Screwdriver
         Bookshelf

5. Mark the nouns in the following sentence in blue, and identify the types of nouns they are.

         Yesterday (common abstract noun), three of our (plural possessive pronoun) youth          (collective noun) were in a terrible auto accident (open space compound noun).

6. Mark the nouns in the following sentence in blue, and identify the types of nouns they are.

         Susan Garrison (Proper noun) married Mr. Joe Brown (Proper noun) in the First Baptist          Church (Proper noun) on Conner Street (Proper noun).

7. Mark the nouns in the following sentence in blue, and identify the types of nouns they are.

         Floating balloons (common noun) were everywhere inside the large pink ballroom (closed or          solid compound noun).

8. Mark the nouns in the following sentence in blue, and identify the types of nouns they are.

         Five beautiful fairy princesses (open compound noun) flew high above the treetops (common          noun) and swooped down into my backyard (closed compound noun).



Assignment One, Part B

Please Note: You may use the pronouns listed in this lesson for questions 9 through 12, but be sure you create your own unique sentences.

9. Write three sentences using three different Objective Personal Pronouns.

         The dog licked me.
         The dog licked you.
         The dog licked him.

10. Write three sentences using three different Subjective Personal Pronouns.

         I went home
         You went home
         He went home

11. Write two sentences using a Demonstrative Pronoun in each.

         This toy is broken.
         Those trees are tall.

12. Write three sentences using three different Possessive Personal Pronouns.

         The car is mine
         The toys are yours
         The ball is his.

13. Without using any examples in the above lesson or this assignment, make a list of ten Indefinite Pronouns.

         Any
         Anyone
         Anybody
         Anything
         All
         Another
         Each
         Every
         Everybody
         Everyone

14. What questions do nouns and pronouns answer?

         Who? What? When? Where?


Lesson One Story Project Instructions

1. Add your Story Project to your Lesson One static item in your port..

2. Identify all of the nouns in the story with blue, and all of the pronouns with teal. Do this for every noun and pronoun in the entire story.

3. Submit your coded story with your Lesson One Assignments as a b-item link in our forum..

Lesson One Story Project: The Lion and The Mouse

Once when a Lion was asleep a little Mouse began running up and down upon him; this soon wakened the Lion, who placed his huge paw upon him, and opened his big jaws to swallow him.

"Pardon, O King," cried the little Mouse: "forgive me this time, I shall never forget it: who knows but what I may be able to do you a turn some of these days?" The Lion was so tickled at the idea of the Mouse being able to help him, that he lifted up his paw and let him go. Some time after the Lion was caught in a trap, and the hunters who desired to carry him alive to the King, tied him to a tree while they went in search of a wagon to carry him on. Just then the little Mouse happened to pass by, and seeing the sad plight in which the Lion was, went up to him and soon gnawed away the ropes that bound the King of the Beasts. "Was I not right?" said the little Mouse.
© Copyright 2018 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157405-Lesson-One-Nouns-and-Pronouns