*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157691-It-Works
by Paul
Rated: E · Fiction · Relationship · #2157691
They are truly The Odd Couple
"Ouch! Lift your arm, my hairs caught."

"Four years now trying to get you to cut it."

"I like it! I'm not cutting it."

"Okay, but it's always getting in the way."

"You didn't think it was In The Way last night. Pulling it hurts me, not you, and I'll put up with it."

"Okay. And, no it wasn't a problem last night. It does hang to your beautiful butt though. And a glossy black that looks like pouring ink when it moves."

"I'm not cutting it."

"Okay! Your whole wardrobe is black so it does go with it. Why all the black?"

"Being a Goth for six years set a habit I'm not ready to break. I've already told you this."

"Okay, but why me? I'm so straight I don't bend when I sit. Besides, I'm a cop and I thought we were anathema to Goths."

"You saved my brother and it made me see you differently. I guess you're the first cop I ever saw inside. So, back at you, why are you here?"

"I love you. You fit my profile, you're beautiful and you're smart and you're strong and you don't need propping up."

"Thank you. Lift your arm, I want under it more and closer ... thanks. You're beautiful, smart and strong too. I guess we just have to keep it up. What do your cop buddies say about us now?"

"They still tease, but it's the same we all get from each other, cop humor."

"Start the movie."

"Okay, get the popcorn, we can't watch detective stuff without it."

"Ouch! You did that on purpose!"

"No, sweetheart, I didn't. Your hairs too long."

"Don't go there! Here, popcorn, now start the movie."

"Yes dear."

"Careful, I know where you live."

"But I have a gun."

"I'm Superwoman!"

"I have Kryptonite bullets and ...!"
© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157691-It-Works