*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157880-What-Did-You-Think-We-Were-Doing
by Paul
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2157880
He's a little confused about what she wants.
"I want to start in my new bedroom. I want to do it there first."

"Start?" First? But I thought it was going to be a Special weekend and ..."

"Yeah, start and first, we'll do it in every room this weekend."

"Every room? Okay, if I have the energy. Are you sure you want to do this in one weekend? We will be here for a while and we could take our time to get it done in every room. There is eleven rooms. I could ..."

"Yes, I'm sure! Now get in here and take the sheets off the bed."

"But . . ."

"Just get in here. "

"Take them off? But, I thoug . . ."

"I've never done this before and I spent all day Tuesday on the net reading about all the different techniques. I never knew there were so many different ways."

"Well, I've done it many times for a few people and I've never had any complaints about my technique. I could show you a few things tha . . ."

"No thank you. I've read about it and asked a lot of questions when I picked up the supplies. The guy at the store was very helpful."

"Supplies? Store? And the guy . . ."

"... is an expert, that's why he works there. He said he did it for a living and had eight others working for him. I even thought about hiring him. I don't think I need eight helpers, but one or two would get it done a lot faster."

"Wait a minute. You do not need to hire him or any of his eight workers. I never got paid to do it, but I have a bit of experience and all you need is me. I'm in good shape even if my back . . ."

"That may be, but this is My weekend. How is your back? I don't want to overwork it."

"Okay. What would you like first."

"Get the plastic sheeting and start taping it down. I don't want to paint the carpet."

"Paint? What ...?"

"Yeah, were repainting this weekend. What'd you think?"

"Ohh ... nothing, what else."

"Get the dressers and bed pulled to the center and covered with the plastic too."

"Did your expert tell you to brush paint the corners and up to the trim before you roll paint?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'll get the edge painting done after I get it taped. I don't tape the glass, it's easier and cleaner to scrape it off. I like the colors you picked too, they'll really brighten this room. What about the other rooms? Color decisions already made?"

"Yeah, they are, I want it all fresh and new when we hold the reception here. If you do a good job we can go practice in another bedroom. If your back is still okay."

"You got a deal, I'm all up for practice. So to speak, and I guarantee my back will be just fine."

"Get to work, stud muffin."

"Yes, dear, but we are not going to finish in one weekend."


© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2157880-What-Did-You-Think-We-Were-Doing