*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158353-Hounds-of-Vengence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Fantasy · #2158353
The Lord of the Hunt and his Hounds are masquerading on earth as an MC. Work in progress

Chapter 1

The rumble of the Harley between her legs as she rolled down the highway should have been as soothing as a lullabye. Tonight however, with the wind roaring off the ocean and rolling over her in waves and the burn of hate boiling in her belly it brought none of its usual relaxation. A beep in her ear made her shoulders tense, the alert from her phone letting her know one of the many tracers on the websites she was monitoring had a hit. Jesse pulled off onto one of the scenic overlooks that gave the tourists the opportunity to stare out over the rocky Pacific Northwest Coast and settled back on her bike dropping the kickstand. Taking a deep breath she looked out over the stars, listening to the thudding pound of the surf directed by the bright white moon overhead.


"You can't avoid it forever you know, they aren't far behind."


Jesse jerked as the sweet melodious voice from her past echoed in her brain. Not looking away from the ocean she avoided the gaze of the ghost of the girl she knew would be hovering behind her shoulder. Still, it was never a good idea to be rude to the dead so she answered without turning.


"I know Nats, I'll check it and we will be moving along here soon."


Jesse felt the cold brush of air run down her spine as the seat behind her dipped. The ghost of a girl long dead mounted up behind her as she had so many times before when she had walked among the living. Apparently Natalie was not content to merely prod her and run, tonight she would ride along and provide some unwanted companionship. Not that Jess minded spending time with the beloved sister of her heart, but let's be real, hanging out with a ghost was uncomfortable at best if not downright creepy.


Feeling a cold jab to her ribs Jess yanked herself from her mental meanderings and pulled out her phone from her leather jacket. Not only was Natalie feeling sociable, she apparently was feeling impatient as well. Still she was right, best to look into this quickly and get moving on before the beasts at her back had a chance to catch up. Scanning through the alerts on her phone she knew she would need to find a quiet place soon with some free wifi to hook into so she could break out her laptop.


"I can't do this on my phone Nats, we'll have to find a place up ahead with an open wifi so I can see what's going on. It's all dark net stuff and I'll need to bounce the IP through a bunch of proxy servers before I can look better at it."


Cold air that sounded like an exasperated sigh blew by her as the ghost responded.


"Out of all that I understood wifi, you know me and this computer crap Jess, I barely had a Facebook page when I was alive. Being dead hasn't expanded my technical skills all that much."


Jesse giggled at dead girl's snark and turned her attention towards moving the Harley back onto the road, feeling the slight pressure as the ghost held onto her waist. Not turning her gaze from the dark road she asked


"Why ride with me Nats, you know you can just show up when I get where I'm going."


The pressure at her waist tightened a bit before the bright voice of the dead piped into her mind, her tone sad and longing.


"Because I miss the feel of riding, and holding you makes me feel alive again."


There was nothing Jess could say that would ease the young girl who had been ripped violently from the world much too early and with far too much still to give. Instead she went silent and sped a bit faster down the twisting curves of the coastal highway allowing her best friend's ghost to enjoy the ride.




Chapter 2


The smell of stale beer, cheap perfume, leather and oil lay like a smog through the noisy bar. During the lulls in conversation the sharp crack of the pool balls could be heard. In the corner tucked away in a booth with his closest men cold green eyes watched the scene glowing with feral intent when the light hit them just right. A bike bunny dressed with little more than a few strips of cloth kept up with friction and good luck strolled towards the dark haired man and his officers. Aeron, the Huntsman, Lord of the Wild Hunt he had been known in the misty past, most feared of the Tuatha de Daanan. Hunter they called him now in this new age, president of the Hounds of Vengeance MC, and if truth be told almost as feared. Ageless and deadly his name alone had made grown hardened men piss themselves so it was with a smirk that Hunter watched the lithe big busted beauty approach the table he sat in. For a moment he had to admire her spunk, but not too much.


A rumbling voice next to him belonging to his sergeant at arms, Aod was amused as he noted.


"The little bunny approaches the lair of the big bad wolf, how brave of her. Will you reward the little bunny. my lord?"


Aeron only sighed long and gustily at his friend, he had been trying for so very long to break him of the habit of referring to him as my lord. They had been hiding among the mortals for close to fifty years now in the guise of leather clad bikers but still the habit of centuries was difficult to break. Leaning back in his chair he crossed his arms as he saw another dark haired bunny approach the blonde and attempt to whisper in her ear. Clearly this the bold blonde was new and hadn't yet grasped the rules of the club. Women did not approach the leaders of the Hunt, the men approached them when in need of some relief. The arrogance etched into the buxom whore's face told Aeron all he needed to know about what she thought of his rules.


"Yeah Prez, do you want a taste of the little bunny or can the other big bad wolves have at her?"


The voice to Aeron's left drew his attention over to his Vice President, Conall, while one eye remained on the errant girl so bold as to approach him without his leave. He narrowed his eyes as the blonde coldly rebuffed the kind warning of the tiny brunette. One of his faithful hounds in another attempt to save the girl from his displeasure grabbed her hand as she walked by and gave her a tug to pull her into his lap. Sealing her fate the arrogant little bitch pushed off Zach's lap waving him off. Two rules broken now, approaching his table and refusing the attentions of one of his hounds. Setting the blonde bitch straight was going to be a pleasure.


"If she makes it to the table you and Aod can give her a lesson in manners, I wouldn't mind a show."

Conall's eyes turned predatory as his body relaxed in the chair leaning back, the rumbling chuckle of Aod on his other side made it clear he was anticipating the lesson ahead eagerly. A wave of some heavy floral scent broke through the smell of leather, oil and beer as the leggy bitch slid up to the table leaning over to tantalize him with her cleavage. Little did the arrogant whore know, but he preferred his women tiny and delicate and her ample charms did little for him. His men however were a different story as Conall leaned forward in response to run a finger over the tops of her large round tits.


"Is there anything I can get for you gentlemen, a refill, maybe something more?"


The blonde was looking straight at him when she asked her voice husky and needy. Giving her a cold sadistic smile he asked huskily.


"Are you ready to anything to make me happy little bunny? How willing are you to serve me?"


His voice held the promise of steamy nights, multiple orgasms and pleasure beyond imagining making her eyes grow heavy, her breathing quick and her nipples hard. In a breathless voice as she leaned closer she responded.


"Anything Hunter, just tell me what I can do to make you happy and I will."


Reaching over Hunter ran a long thick finger down her cheek and along her bottom lip pulling it down and letting her suck on it for a moment. Tapping her chin to force her eyes to his he asked.


"What's your name my little naughty bunny?"


Hypnotized by the swirling green of his eyes she told him quickly her whole body tight now with anticipation.


"Amy, my name is Amy."


Tapping her chin again and giving her a contemplative look he asked casually.


"Amy, Amy, Amy, did nobody tell you my rules sweetheart?"


Blinking in confusion she asked.


"Rules? You mean not coming to your table?"


Smiling at her like she had just gave a correct answer in class he nodded.


"Yes sweetling, not coming to my table unless invited, not refusing the attentions of my men, those rules, did the little brunette remind you before you walked up here?"


Seeing perhaps that this was not going the direction she had been hoping she started to move back, her movements hindered by the bulk of Aod who had slipped unnoticed and silent behind her while she had been enthralled in Hunter's eyes.


"Melly said something but I thought you would appreciate the attention you looked lonely."


Hunter leaned back in his chair crossing his arms over his chest and shook his head making tsking noises as if reprimanding an errant child.


"Rules are rules my naughty little bunny, so now if you want to stay in my good graces you'll make my men here happy. If you make them happy then I will be happy and you want to make me happy don't you sweetling?"


Each word he spoke held a thread of seductive power, he knew the magic of his voice, his very presence drew people to his side, bound them to his will. He was the Huntsmen, the Master of the Wild Hunt, one of the most powerful Sidhe to walk the mortal plane. It was his duty, had been his duty for thousands of years, to bring justice for the wronged and wreak vengeance on those who had broken the laws. The rules he set for those around him may be petty and he was well within his right to let such a mild indiscretion go however tonight he had no patience with such petty games as this little whore was playing. There was something in the air tonight that set him on his edge and made his temper ragged.


Looking straight into the whore's blue eyes now growing darker with dismay as she realized the position she had placed herself in he waited patiently for an answer as he signaled the little brunette over towards him.

"I'm sorry Hunter, I won't do it again." the leggy blonde squeaked as Melly slipped over to his side waiting patiently to be told why she had been summoned. Ignoring the blonde's pleas he wrapped an arm around the small woman and tugged her into his lap running his nose along her ear and whispering.


"Melly, you were a good bunny, what did our friend here tell you when you were kind enough to warn her about the rules."


He could feel the woman in his arms tense up, not willing to lie but knowing whatever she said would bring nothing good too the blonde. Scared and turned on he could feel her squirming in his lap as he slid a large hand up the inside of her thigh urging her in a heated whisper to answer him quickly.


"She seemed to think you wanted to see her, that's all Hunter."


Hunter smiled at the little brunette's attempts to soften the situation and he could feel the sweetness in her soul. This little Melly may be here to play among his men but her heart was not hardened by their rough play and he softened to her. He admired sweetness, innocence and loyalty and this little bunny had all of those in abundance. Sliding his hand a bit high pushing her legs apart he rumbled in her throat as he watched his two closest men flank the blonde and start play with her roughly.


"Little Melly, you've been such a good girl, following my rules, trying to protect your friend without lying to me, would you like my reward?"


Hunter saw the small woman bite her lip and her brown eyes grow languid with arousal, as her body grew heated and flushed. Grinning down at her he slid his fingers around her wet panties and ran his fingers over her creaming slit.


"Why don't we show your friend Amy what happens when you're a good bunny, follow my rules and try and be kind to those around you. Would you like to help your friend out sweetling?"


Sliding one finger deep into Melly's tight cunt Hunter circled her sensitive nub with his thumb so only moans were his answer. Taking that as a yes he plunged another finger stretching her out as he nibbled along her neck. He glanced up to see the blonde's blue eyes narrow in hate and grinned evilly at her as he worked the little brunette harder making her pant and moan her small body hot and responsive to his voice and touch.


"Now my naughty bunny Amy, you have a choice to make, you can do your best to make my two men there very happy, or you can leave here and never come back. Decide quickly before my little pet here has her orgasm or I'll assume you're decision is to no longer grace our presence."


Finished now with his punishment, leaving the rest to his men he turned his attention back to the small bundle of warm willing woman in his lap and used all of his considerable skills to draw out her orgasm enjoying the feel of her pleasure bathing his senses. His magic soaked it up like a sponge renewing and refreshing it as nothing else could on this mortal plane. The little mortal positively vibrated with need. The sweet mortal's cries grew louder and more frantic as she clutched at his shoulders her bottom rubbing against his growing erection. With a final flick against her clit he felt her fall apart her nails digging into him as she collapsed against his chest. Kissing her neck gently he ran his fingers through her hair and asked.


"How many of my men have enjoyed your little body sweet Melly?"


Melly could only blink as her endorphin overloaded brain took time to process his question.


"Only a few Hunter, I haven't been here that long."


Nodding he smiled gently at the girl kissing her on her nose and stroking her cheek.


"Do you have any favorites, any of my men that you have found the most pleasure with?"


Melly cuddled against his chest thinking about his question before answering her voice quiet as she responded.


"Umm.... Rock, he was sweet to me and even let me stay for a cuddle after."


Her small heart shaped face flushed red as her gaze drifted from his towards the bar. He didn't bother to hide his surprise as he followed her eyes out towards one of his largest and fiercest hounds. Halvar or "Rock" was a huge bear of a man with a wild mane of dark brown hair a flaming red beard. Many things he would name the deadly berserker but sweet was not among them, and sweet was not anything he had heard from any of the other women who had graced his bed.


Waving his man over he looked up at the warrior who had ridden in his pack near 800 year now.


"Rock, this little bunny here says she found you satisfying in bed and I find myself inclined to reward her for good behavior. Take her along now, and show her another pleasurable night and when we leave here put her on the back of your bike. Put your patch on her back if you should feel so inclined and make her yours. If not she will still belong to the pack and ride with us."


The big man's steel blue eyes looked down at the tiny brunette and a grin split his face as he reached for her. It was a rare thing for Hunter to sanction the addition of a female to the pack and rarer still to allow one of his men to take one exclusively. Pulling her up into his large arms he cuddled her close and rumbled in her ear nibbling at it softly as he asked.


"Would you like that little Melly, ride on my bike and wear my patch."


Hunter stacked his hands on his head losing track of the conversation between the massive biker and his tiny mate as the pair wandered off into the crowd to find a spot alone. The threesome being conducted at the pool table between his officers and relcairant bunny held his focus for only a moment before he became bored of the scene. Ennui had set in, too many nights, too many to count of loud music, far too willing women and strong drink had hardened his soul. Like lightning to a rod the heat of some strange power traveled down his spine made him turn his eyes to the door his body taut with tension now.


Rain preceded the leather clad body that stumbled through the door into the dimly lit bar. Dozens of tiny black braids ending in silver bells framed a face straight out of a children's book of pixie kind. A sharp chin, high cheeks, and eyes the color of amethysts met his briefly before looking away as she strolled towards the bar shaking the water from her hair. Mist and moonlight followed in her wake and it took him a moment to recognize the hazy figure of a ghost trailing at the heels of the Sidhe female. Few things could compare to the compelling power of a full grown female Fae and every man in his pack turned to look, drawn to her magic. She was mystery and magic, starlight through raindrops and now she would be his.



Chapter 3


Jesse heard the pounding rhythm of Led Zepplin as the smell of leather, testosterone and stale sex hit her nose. Wrinkling her face at the smell she looked quickly around seeing an entire MC had made itself at home around the pool tables. Scanning the walls she looked for the colors of the MC to be hanging on the wall declaring this claimed property. Jess had no interest in playing hang around to an MC tonight and would have turned back around if she was infringing on territory. She had been raised in an MC, her father the sergeant of arms for as long as she had been with him and when she left the Wicked Vixens had become her new sisterhood. She knew the rules, she knew the etiquette, she was comfortable in the lifestyle and messing with a bunch of alpha male badass bikers wasn't on her list of things to do tonight.


A pair of hard green eyes that showed far more years then his face would be believed caught her eye as she scanned the room. Eager to avoid any notice she turned quickly away and walked to the bar for a drink. Still in that one moment of eye contact some dark secret part of her like a darkened room had brightened as if like recognized light. Or as if that one moment of connection had unlocked a door and flipped on a switch in a part of her she had had never know lived inside her.

She could feel Nats cold presence behind her and hoped the bikers attention would move on quickly. All she wanted was a cold beer, and twenty minutes with the free wifi in the bar and she would be on her way. What she was not looking for was some existential realization or life changing moment. The whispery voice of the dead girl reached her ear as Natalie pointed out.


"The green eyed warrior is still watching you Jess, maybe we should move on. I'm not sure I like the look of that one."


Jess kept silent though inside she could do nothing but agree with her friend. She hadn't caught a look at his cut but she had no doubt the president patch would be displayed prominently he had the look of a leader. Power and control hung from his shoulders like a second leather cut only felt instead of seen. She hadn't seen any colors hanging from the walls so this was likely neutral territory still she would keep her colors hidden along with her nomad patch. These boys didn't need to know one of the Sisterhood stood among them, the Vixens were well known among the 1% clubs as mercenary bitches but they had earned no small amount of respect among the biggest clubs.


Sliding a twenty to the barkeep she ordered her beer and made a beeline for a booth near the windows so she could keep an eye on her bike and watch for anyone approaching. Checking her phone she looked to see if the wifi was available before sliding her sleek black custom built laptop from its carefully padded back pack. Smiling she slid her fingers over the artfully rendered half naked pixie with long black hair that was formed into the top of her gear backlight by purple LEDs. Maddie had created this design for her and it was one that she had tattooed on her back with all of her considerable skill. PsychoTink they called her and she had taken it on as her hacker handle and road name. In some circles that name was enough to make grown men cry and start shoring up their firewalls in a vain attempt to keep her out.


Flipping open the laptop she quickly tapped into the local wifi and began running the special software and evasion programs that would scrub and bounce her real IP through a dozen different proxy servers before accessing the darknet. She was looking for a specific site she had flagged to monitor. The dark web was the home for hackers, assassins, arms dealers and flesh traders, the modern day digital black market. Anything that you shouldn't be buying if you're any kind of moral human being, you can buy on the darknet.


In this dark, seedy underbelly of the World Wide Web, PsychoTink was queen. With no pride or arrogance Jess knew she was one of the top ten hackers in the world, she got paid very well for her skills both in the legal and not so legal sector. It was these skills she was bringing into play now to strike a blow at the network who had kidnapped and forced her beloved Nats into white slavery that led to her death at the hands of a sadistic freak. After months of searching she had finally tracked down the site that the slavers had used to sell her friend off on and was using it to track its source and the buyers who use it. One by one she would bring them down, she had already sent enough information anonymously to an FBI contact in the Cyber Crimes division to bring down two pedophile rings who had been selling off toddlers on the dark web. Unfortunately her efforts seemed to have drawn attention and the network she was after had some talent of their own. So far she was staying ahead of them but that was why she was traveling, a moving target is harder to hit.


Absorbed in her work she failed to notice the tall handsome biker who had strolled up to her table until a bottle of beer and a shot glass of what looked like Jack Daniels was placed at her elbow.


"Looks like your beer is warm, here's a fresh compliments of Hunter."


The dark eyed biker whose cut held a patch with the name Raider pointed off into the corner where the green eyed man pinned her with his gaze compelling her attention. He was hands down the most beautiful man she had ever seen, sharp cheekbones, long black flowing hair held back with a simple tie against his neck, and a body made for sin and sex. Yeah Jess had little doubt that a few hours in his bed would be no hardship however she had things to do, places to be, criminal empires to pull down in hail of cyber fury. She just didn't have the time to get side tracked, not even by sexy as sin, badass, tattooed bikers. Which she had no shame admitting were a personal weakness of hers. Not allowing any of her emotions to show Jess nodded politely towards Hunter downed her shot of Jack and thank Raider for bringing it over before turning back towards her laptop and sipping at her beer. Jess studiously ignored the ongoing presence of the MC president's lackey clearly here to usher her into his boss' presence. Raider tapped the table a couple of times to draw her attention back to him before pointing out the obvious.


"I think he would like it if you came on over and thanked him in person little bunny."


Narrowing her amethyst eyes Jess turned towards the towering leather clad biker and bit out coldly.


"One, I'm no fucking bunny, twinkie, mouse, or sweetbutt. Two I couldn't give a shit what your boss wants, I'm busy and not interested. Pass that along like a good dog."


Raider gave her a cocky grin and shook his head ignoring her taunts only replying calmly.


"Probably not your wisest move, cookie if you wanted to avoid his attention." Raider gave her a smirk "Hunter is exactly that, a hunter and by running you've become prey."


Raider tapped her on the nose twice before strolling back to the president's table with a predatory walk. Jess took a moment to admire his fine ass and spared a glance at the Grade A porn show taking place over the pool table involving two good looking bikers and a half naked big busted blonde. Shaking her head at the scene she smiled at the sight of another huge barbarian looking biker snuggling a tiny sweetbutt in his lap tenderly before turning her attention back to her monitor. She had caught the colors on the back of Raider's cut and shot off a quick email to Mama Rae asking for everything she knew about the Hounds of Vengeance before banishing them to the back of her mind. She had revenge to plan, coordinate and execute right now she just didn't have the time to be messing with hot as fuck bikers at the moment. Her hormones would just need to wait for a more opportune time.


*********************


Hunter leaned back with a grin listening too Raider's report, unperturbed by the feisty little Fae's brush off. Narrowing his eyes at the stubborn girl he mulled over what his next steps should be. His oaths of service would not let him leave an unmated Fae female to wander unprotected through the mortal realms. To make matters worse his cock was giving him no end of hell at the idea of leaving her to her own devices. She was a stunning little creature, tiny and perfect, lithe curves and those eyes were pure Sidhe. Nope, the female most certainly had walked into the wrong bar if she was looking to avoid attention. Now that she was on his radar nothing would keep her from him not even whatever ghosts were chasing her. Raider's soft cough drew his attention back to the tall blonde, dark eyed man who had ridden at his side for more than 300 years. Pursing his lips Hunter considered his next steps before pointing towards the door.


"She is wearing riding leathers, but came in with no one, find her bike and get whatever information you can off it, license plate, take some pictures."


Raider tugged a forelock of hair in an age old gesture of respect and left for the door. Rolling to his feet Hunter strolled to the bar ordering two new beers and in a move that was not unnoticed by any in the bar he moved towards her table and settled himself easily into the chair across from her setting the beer at her left hand. Twin pools of purple fire turned towards him lighting his body up with her warmth, making his blood turn hot and thick in his veins. He smirked at the female while his cock twitched hearing her soft sigh of annoyance as she cut off anything he had intended to say.


"So you must be Hunter, I'm guessing the MC president?" Not giving him a chance to respond she continued in a cool calm voice trying to be both firm and respectful. "I appreciate the attention, but i'm not here as a hang around, I'm not easy pussy, I'm just here for the free wifi, cheap beer and to get out of the rain for a bit."


Hunter listened to her little spiel and cocked an eyebrow at her giving her a devilish grin before leaning over the table and looking deep into her eyes.


"Now darlin' how do you know I didn't come over here for purely platonic reasons like admiration for this fine piece of technology you have here?"


Hunter's grin grew positively cocky as he threw the full force of his not inconsiderable glamour at the prickly woman trying to charm her into relaxing her guard. Her mortal seeming was flawless but instinct screamed at him that this tiny elfish woman was pure Sidhe. His hunch would be confirmed if she continued to throw her prickly thorns his way and toss sass and attitude at him left and right. Not that he minded her heat and fire, in fact her wicked little attitude was doing nothing but making him harder than steel. His cock had whole agendas in mind on how it wanted to put that sharp tongue of hers to a better use. Shifting a bit to ease the ache in his jeans he leaned back and gave it a stern mental talking too. He was an ancient Sidhe for fucks sake, his dick should be under better control than this.


Much too his delight his little pretend human gave him a withering look unfazed by his magical charms. No doubt in his mind now that the black haired beauty's mortal form was camouflage

for her true body. Her tone was cold and biting though he could detect a different kind of fire in her eyes and her body squirmed subtly in her seat.


"Oh I have no doubt you were making every effort to eye up the size of my monitor and wonder how hot my hard drive can get."


Hunter threw back his head and laughed enjoyed the little pixie girl's sharp wit. Leaning forward across the table his voice lowered to a soothing hypnotic tone.


"Pretty little elf come to my table so we can discuss ....hard drives and such. I promise we would both enjoy the exchange."


Before the girl could respond a beep on the computer pulled her attention far to easily away from the sensual pull of his eyes. Hunter watched as the young Sidhe girl's face hardened and some vast inner reserve of power burned off the lingering effects of his glamour. With efficient movements the mysterious woman snapped her laptop closed and slid it into a specially formed backpack as she unfolded herself from her seat.


"Thanks for the beer and the shot but I need to be rolling along. Shiny side up Hunter."


With a nod and as quickly as she had arrived the girl was gone out the door back into the rain. Whatever message she had received on her computer had clearly spooked her. Still his duty was clear, she was Fae, female and alone and that could not go unaccounted for. Hunter looked around the room waving over Fiacre the Eagle. The tall slim dark haired man stepped over with an inhuman grace.


"Follow her my eagle, keep her in your sights and report back to me where she goes."


Nodding and asking no questions the Lord of Eagles slipped out the door and disappeared into the night.


*********************************************************************************************


Jess rode away from the dive bar, her spine encased in ice as she recalled the response from Mama Rae regarding the Hounds of Vengeance.


Get away now, call me as soon as you're a hour from them, ride fast.


Rae had no fear, born and raised in one of the deadliest MC's on the west coast Jess was fairly certain ice and determination were the only things that ran through that woman's veins. Jess had met the female president of the all female Wicked Vixen's MC when she was seventeen and she and Nats had prospected together under the leather hard bitch. Jess had felt something back in that bar, a heaviness in the air that had made her hair stand on end. Her sixth sense when something more than human was around had saved her ass more than once. The Wicked Vixens appeared to be nothing more than a club of bike riding women, more than one MC thought they were nothing more than a bunch of pussy munching dykes. Very few knew the truth, the Vixens were in fact witches and more. Women who could draw on powers far greater than what a mere human could. Each of them were special in their own way.


Whatever it was that made her more than human was in chaos now, one part drawing her closer another part pushing her away. That sense had never urged her wrong before and its confusion was enough to garner fear and send her running. Perhaps it was time to head her bike back in the direction of her sisters and the protection of the Wicked Vixen



*****************************************CHAPTER 3**************************************************


Jess was grateful once again that her body seemed to have no off switch. Rarely did she sleep, and when she did only a few hours was enough to rejuvenate her mind and body. It definitely came in handy as she cruised down Highway 101 heading north looking for her exit that would send her east towards the temperamental majesty of Mt. St. Helens. Overhead blending into the brightening sky Fiacre played silent sentinel watching over the Harley and its rider, easily keeping up with her steady speed of 80 mph. As the girl turned onto 109 leading east the sharp eyed eagle overhead felt a shift in power. It was if by turning onto that road the young Fae had driven through a tripwire. Fiacre knew that whatever was hunting the girl had laid a trap which she had now triggered. Sending a mental call along the lines that connected all of the Hounds with their master the eagle lord gave warning that danger might be approaching his ward.


"We are not far behind my eagle, keep watch and do what you must to protect the girl"


Hunter's response was clear, the undertones left no doubt that should the girl die, his body best be found in front of her or he would wish for death. Having a healthy appreciation for his own beating heart and not yet having found himself bored with life Fiacre flew down closer keeping a keen watch for whomever might be hunting the small rider.


Jess squinted as the sun rose in front of her passing through miles of farmland as she cruised down the 109 towards the only place she called home. She had felt the shift in power as she turned and knew without a doubt that the monsters who had stolen, tortured, drained and killed her friend were hot on her trail. She quickly shuffled through a list of plans settling on the most obvious. If possible she would play bait and lead them straight into the jaws of the Vixens. Jess had little doubt that Mama Rae and her leather clad, Harley riding coven would make short work of whomever was foolish enough to follow her.


Her skin began to crawl as she looked in the rearview mirror to see two dark SUV's driving quickly to catch up with her. At this time of day the roads were quiet and nothing but fields could be seen in any direction. Unlike earlier with the Hounds, there was little doubt whoever it was in those SUV's had nefarious plans for her. Twisting the throttle, Jess' baby howled as it jumped forward picking up speed to stay ahead of the vehicles behind her. Her little game of bait would be over if they managed to cut her off. As Mama Rae had demanded, Jess had called her an hour away from the bar where the Hounds were partying. Jess felt confident she had left them behind when no bikes had followed and there was no roar of distant pipes to be heard. Jess had relayed her intended travel path to her president and been assured a group of riders would be dispatched immediately to meet her half way.


Crouching lower over the gas tank, thanking whatever deity was watching over her that she had just filled her tank, Jess whispered into the wind coaxing it to slide smoothly around the bike and barrel hard into the SUV behind her. She still did not know what she was, left abandoned to be picked up by her adopted family. What she did know was she most certainly was not entirely human. The elements came to her call more powerfully even then the most devoted of the Elemental witches. Mama Rae had tested her over and over but still could not give her an answer, all she would tell her was that she was not a witch.


Jess' dreams were often surreal filled with the sound of bells, the warmth of the sun surrounded by fresh earth and the sounds of a man and woman that gave her a feeling of well being. Jess knew these dreams weren't just a product of an overactive mind but hidden memories of before she was left behind as a small child. The landscape in these dreams was perhaps of Earth but somewhere on Earth so carefully sculpted that even a blade of grass was not allowed to grow beyond what was intended by whomever lived there. The sky too was different, not quite blue, not quite green but as if the blue green color of the Caribbean was turned into a sky. Even now the tinkling of bells was enough to center her and reduce the stress she was often under bombarded by the emotions of everything around her. The earth, the plants, even the wind whispered to her constantly in the back of her mind. Places that had been torn and ravaged by humanity cried out in pain making her sick and miserable.

© Copyright 2018 RowanHill (rowanhill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158353-Hounds-of-Vengence