*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158386-More-UFO-coverup-quotes
Rated: E · Documentary · Educational · #2158386
Powerful claims from people in the know
"It is time for the truth to come out. Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense. I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects." Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, former CIA Director.

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." William Colby, former CIA Director.

"The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." John Swinton, Former Managing Editor of the New York Times and New York Sun.

"We'll know our disinformation is complete when everything the American public believes is false." William Casey, Former CIA Director.

"...many of the reports that cannot be explained have come from intelligent and technically well qualified individuals whose integrity cannot be doubted. In addition, the reports received officially by the Air Force include only a fraction of the spectacular reports which are publicized by many private UFO Organizations." Major General E.B. LeBailly, Director of Information, office of the Secretary of the Air Force.

"I am convinced that UFOs exist because I've seen one.... It was the darnedest things I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. On thing's for sure. I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky." President Jimmy Carter.

"The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-Bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Doctor Vannevar Bush. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance." W.B. Smith, Department of Transportation -- Canada, Senior Radio Engineer, head of Project Magnet.

"I must admit that any favorable mention of the flying saucers by a scientist amounts to extreme heresy and places the one making the statement in danger of excommunication by the scientific theocracy." Frank B.Salisbury, Ph.D.

"It is time to end all secrecy on this as it no longer poses a national security threat, and make the technology available for use in the private sector." Ben Rich, former head of Lockheed Skunkworks.

"What is going on is a belief that you can manipulate communicable trust between the leadership and the led. The way you do that is you don't let the press in anywhere. Access to war is extremely limited. The fiercer the combat, the more the access is limited (including) access to information. This is a direct contradiction of the stated policy of maximum access to information consistent with national security. There was a time in South Africa when people would put flaming tires around people's necks if they dissented. In some way the fear (now in the U.S.) is that you will have a flaming tire of lack of patriotism put around your neck. That fear keeps journalists from asking the tough questions. I am humbled to say, I do not except myself from this criticism." Dan Rather, CBS News.

"I believe the American people are entitled to a more thorough explanation than has been given them by the Air Force...I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject." President Gerald Ford.

"I certainly believe in aliens in space, and that they are indeed visiting our planet. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capablilities." Senator Barry Goldwater 1965.

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and must be treated very seriously." Mikhail Gorbachev, President of the Soviet Union.

"The nations of the world will have to unite, for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the Earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets." General Douglas MacArthur, October 8, 1955.

"Perhaps we need some outside universal threat to make us recognize the common bond. I occasionally think how quickly or differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world." President Ronald Reagan, addressing the United Nations ---1987.







© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158386-More-UFO-coverup-quotes