*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158408-Labels
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Freya
Rated: GC · Short Story · Cultural · #2158408
A single view point on Lables.
Once you learn how to walk and before you learn how to talk you are already placed inside of a label box. Judgment has already been passed down and you are then pushed to follow that label that was placed upon you before you even could understand what that label meant. It is damn near impossible to overcome the label that was given to you before you could even utter your first word. We as a great nation are killing off any chance of improvement and growth because of those damn labels we placed on your youth.

In my short life there have been too many labels placed upon myself to list.
It has taken my whole life to remove those labels off my head.
I still have many more to take down before Everyone will see me the way I see myself every morning when i get out of the shower.

What hurts the most about these labels, they are forced upon our youth before they learned what the words mean. The second thing is that they hear these labels so many times that they themselves will begin to believe what was forced upon them before they could understand the words. They may even go their entire life and never see beyond those labels.

Some of the labels can include: STUPID, DUMB, IGNORANT, UGLY, HIDEOUS, FAT, WHORE, SLUT, TRAMP, BITCH, BROKEN, RETARD, SLOW, TROUBLE CHILD, SLOW, NOT VERY BRIGHT, NEEDS MEDICATION, UNLOVABLE, CRAZY, TOO EMOTIONAL, POOR….

These words can hold more weight than the water inside the ocean. These words can tear down a person's self view and outlook in ways that may never be repaired.
These words will cause a person to never strive for anything, never think outside of the box, never try spontaneous, and they will never fully develop as a whole person.

Why must our great nation place so many labels upon everyone?
Why can’t we see the person as a person and not label everything?
These fucking labels are killing us yet those that are passing out the labels don’t give a damn about the mental damage that they cause to others.
For they can only see their own self. They can’t or refuse to see beyond their own self.

I just wish that I could see the day where there are no labels placed upon anyone. Yet I feel that day will never come. Because this nation is proud to have their damn labels. They must segregate everything and everyone at all times.
© Copyright 2018 Freya (freyamatters at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158408-Labels