*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159262-Hollow-Heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alice
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2159262
This is a rough draft and is far from finished, whatcha think?
My heart is gone. Was it ever really there? When I was young, it was there. That's when, that's when happiness didn't need to be anything it was just there. That is when I didn't have anything to worry about! Why did the world have to choose me?! Why did I have to suffer?! Did I do something wrong? I haven't said a single rude thing to anyone in my life. I was always to scared to, so I kept shut. Did I hurt someone? No, I haven't really left my cell for eight years. How could I? Was it her? Is this because of Olivia?

[Eight years earlier]

There she is! Just go up to her, what will she say? What will I say? Its just another person, you love talking this will be easy! Well that's what I thought. I walked across the small narrow room, but with every step it felt as though i was loosing air and the room was getting longer and longer. I was never to get to her alive. Its my imagination, it has to be! I had almost no air as I reached her.

"H- Hi there." I said softly. I was never soft. My voice was loud and rich, it should have made the room echo but it was as soft as a cloud. Why? Why can't I be brave?

"Uh, hi. I'm Olivia." Her voice was as sweet as lemon drops! Her beauty was glowing!

"I'm-"

"I know who you are. And I assume you knew who I was." She said.

"Uh yes.

I was amazed. She remembered me, how? I barely made an impression. I was six and she was five, how can she remember me.

"If you don't mind my asking, how do you remember me?" I asked.

"How could I not? You were so sweet!"

"I helped you once."

"So? No one was ever kind to me as a child, you were kind."

"I'm sorry I have to go."

"Wait don't leave!"

I walked out of her life. Never to be seen again, or so I thought. I knew i never wanted to see or feel that pain again. That witch, does she even know the pain, the embarrassment she put me through?! She tortured my soul! She made me dance around in circles. She controlled me like a puppet. Someday I became useless and I was tossed to the side like a child throws away a toy once another one is offered.

I went home alone that day, I still remember how everything looked on my way home. I saw six people. Four women, three with blonde hair and one with brown. Two of them had green eyes and one with blue eyes and then the last two had brown eyes. The first woman I passed had brown eyes and blonde hair. She was walking with a tall man, he had black hair and a scar next to his left eye. Then I passed three women together. Two blonde haired and green eyed women and one one with blonde hair and blue eyes. Then I last passed two men. One had orange hair, it was bright. Quite like a flame, but the man he was with seemed evil. He seemed untrustworthy. I remember glancing at him to see a smirk on his face. He had long black hair and blood red eyes. I quickly looked down and continued my way home.

When I reached home I remember my room being clean. I always had an orderly room, unless I was working. I jumped onto my bed. It was soft, familiar. I turned to my side and pulled out my phone, I saw my lock screen. It was a picture of the night sky. I still remember my pass code, six four three eight. I opened my notes, and I reviewed my story idea. Then I suddenly heard a thud. I sat up straight and looked around. Everything was perfect. So I lay back down. But I heard it again, and again, and again. I finally stood and walked to my door. I thought it was my neighbors, I was going to tell them to be quieter, but when I got to the hallway to get to my door I felt the air leave the room.

I knew what was waiting for me but I wanted it not to be true. I took one step, two steps, three. The hallway was getting longer, the air was leaving, escaping. Once I reached my door I looked through my viewfinder and saw Olivia. I knew it was her so why was I so surprised? It was a witch. I opened my door. She said nothing, she walked to my bed and sat down and gestured for me to sit with her. her long golden hair was tempting but I stayed where I was. She frowned, her smile was gone. She stood, and silently walked to me. Her eyes were piercing me, like a knife.

When she reached me she put one hand on my cheek. It felt so soft, but so unfamiliar. Tears began to fall off my chin. Sadness possessed me.

"You silly boy. Did you think I wouldn't find you?" Her voice made my heart stop.

[Back to the present]

I have been in my cell for eight years. Maybe six, possibly ten. I can't seem to remember. My curse is to only remember that day. My life has been put to a better purpose, or so I was told. The doctors say I'm getting weaker by the day. She comes into my cell everyday, she says something in a language I don't understand and touches my face. She is my love, my only reason for life. But she is also my prison. I am trapped here. In my own mind. This cell is my home, this woman is my fear, this life is my curse. I wish for it to end.
© Copyright 2018 Alice (aliceporter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159262-Hollow-Heart