*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159303-Down-and-Dirty
by Jeff
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #2159303
Dialogue 500 entry. A misunderstood conversation using only 500 words of dialogue or less.

“I have to admit, you really don’t seem like the type.”

“Really? It surprises you that I’m into this kind of thing?”

“A little, to be honest.”

“Nice to know that I can still surprise you every now and then.”

“So where should we start... the bedroom?”

“Whoa there, tiger. How about we work up to that?”

“What did you have in mind?”

“I thought it might be nice to start in the living room. Or the den. Hell, the kids are at your mother’s for the night; we could even start in there.”

“The kids’ room? Really? That might be going a little too far.”

“C’mon, you wimp. We’re going to do it in every room of the house.”

“Okay, but let’s work up to the kids’ room thing. I’m probably going to really have to be in the zone before I can handle that one.”

“Fine, the living room it is. You get started, I’m going to grab a few things and will join you in a minute.”

“Ooh, I like the sound of that. Did you get some new toys to play with?”

“Oh, I might have picked up a little something you haven’t seen before...”


“Are you coming, honey? I’m ready to go here!”

“Whoa! What the heck are you doing? Put your clothes back on!”

“But you said to get started!”

“Yeah, get started with cleaning the room.”

“You said you wanted to get down and dirty tonight while the kids are away.”

“Yes, down and dirty cleaning this place up. Have you seen what sty we live in?”

“So, just to be clear, we’re not getting it on tonight?”

“Never say never... but let’s see how well you clean this house up first. Now come on, let me show you this new portable steam cleaner I bought to get all of those stains out of the couch.”



------------------------------

315 words
Prompt: write a story of 500 words or less using only dialogue about a misunderstood conversation where two people are talking about different things and don't know it.

Originally written for "The Dialogue 500 and "I Write in 2018.

© Copyright 2018 Jeff (jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159303-Down-and-Dirty