*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159707-Loving-Your-Perfect-Imperfections
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Activity · #2159707
Loving yourself seems like it would be a simple task, but it's actually one of the hardest
Loving Your Perfect Imperfections:
5 ways to embrace your flaws
By Danielle Carlson


My freckles are so ugly!

I'm too fat, I need to lose weight!

My skin will never be as clear as everyone else's!

Loving yourself seems like it would be a simple task, but it's actually one of the hardest things to do. We constantly critic and compare ourselves to others, but we never stop and think about what makes us unique. Our flaws are so visible to us that sometimes we forget that our flaws don't define us. It's hard to come to terms with our flaws and even harder to accept them, but it's not impossible.

Here are five ways to love and embrace your flaws!

Nobody's Perfect
Come to terms with the fact that no one is perfect. As cliche as that sounds, it's true. Even the models and bodybuilders you see have insecurities. That's okay. When you come to terms with the fact that you (and everyone else in the world) have imperfections, the closer you will get to self-acceptance.

It's All About Perspective
Because we are with ourselves 24/7, we tend to notice our flaws on a greater scale. Take a step out of yourself and change your paradigm. Would you let somebody else talk about you the way you talk about yourself? Probably not. Try to be kinder to yourself like you are to others. Once you change your perception, you might discover that your "flaw" isn't so bad.

Be Thankful
Instead of focusing on what you hate about yourself, focus on what you love. It may be how your smile brightens up a room or how you can your friends and family laugh. Be grateful for your positive attributes. Besides, the positives outweigh the negative most of the times.

Ask Yourself: Is there something I can do to change my flaw?
Some flaws, like a bad attitude or being unkind, can be changed. Sit down and decide if there is something you can do to better yourself in the long run.

Acceptance

Photo by Allef Vincius via Unsplash

If there is no way to change your flaw, then accept it. Stop comparing yourself to society's idea of beauty and perfection. Ask yourself, "Would this flaw bother me without pressure from society." Most of the time, the answer is no, but learning to love yourself is what makes you different is a long process. You might just thank yourself one day.

WORDS: 392

SOCIAL MEDIA - INSTAGRAM

Photo by Bart LaRue via Unsplash

CAPTIONS: Everyone has flaws, but let your light shine through! *Insert star and heart emoji*
To find out how to love your perfect imperfections, click the link below.

© Copyright 2018 MobileStyles (mscontributor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159707-Loving-Your-Perfect-Imperfections