*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159923-For-the-Love-of-Spock
Rated: E · Essay · Tribute · #2159923
Goodbye Spock. You have been, and always shall be, our friend.
Created On: 06/02/2018
Edited By Jonblair On: 06/02/2018

I recently viewed this documentary about the late actor Leonard Nimoy, who portrayed Mr. Spock on television's, "Star Trek" and in several movies. It's a well rounded view of this multi-faceted actor and how he balanced the success of the iconic character he created with that of his professional and family responsibilities. Nimoy struggled with how to respect what Mr. Spock meant to people, while also staying viable as an artist, and, whenever possible, spending time with his family. The actor’s son admits that his dad didn’t always succeed at striking that balance. The rest is more personal, and tells the story of how Leonard Nimoy spent the latter part of his life reconciling with his family and with his creation. I am the very fortunate owner of a personally autographed First Edition Star Trek Technical Manual, signed by Leonard Nimoy at a Star Trek Convention many, many years ago. It's one of my most prized possessions; talk about sentimental value, well, that my friends, is a gargantuous understatement! And naturally, I keep it under lock and key, where it is, "no tribble at all."





© Copyright 2018 jonblair (jonjacques at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2159923-For-the-Love-of-Spock