*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160222-I-Wished-You-Well
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2160222
A man visits his ailing wife in the Hospital
I saw you tonight, when I came to your ward, you looked younger you had your hair done; it was parted on the right side, long and straight to your shoulders. Your face looked so beautiful; your complexion was smooth and fresh. You had little eye makeup, just a touch of eyebrow pencil. You were wearing a maroon shade of lipstick. It all went together so well.

You were on your way out; you had on a light blue long overcoat that looked like a female version of a Pea Coat. I was overwhelmed,
“Where are you going?” I asked, you smiled,
“I’m going shopping for a car”.

“OH” I said, “you look so beautiful I was wondering”. She had that kind of smile that told me she understood I was pleased but at the same time confused.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon,” she said as her thumb and forefinger touched the tip of my chin. She leaned toward me with her lips perked for a kiss. It caught me by surprise, I tenderly took her by the shoulders and kissed her, careful not to mess up her lipstick. When I pulled away she saw my watery eyes.

She opened her purse and took out a hankie and lightly dabbed my eyes and then some lipstick from my lips. I didn't want her to leave,

“Good luck” I said as she returned her hankie to her purse. I could hardly get the words out.

“Don’t worry; I told you, I’ll be back”. She said.
“Yes I know”, I said. She turned and walked down the hallway and as she went through the door she paused to look back and give a little wave. Then she went through the door and was gone.

I just stood for a moment staring at the closed door that took her from sight.

After a moment I turned to a nurse at the desk and asked,
"Where is she?" The nurse pointed and said,
“She’s in there, through that door”. I went in, she was in a bed lying on her side.

“How you doing" I asked as I slid a chair over to sit down next to her bed.
“Okay” she answered weakly. I reached down and cupped the back of her head with my hand as I kissed her lightly on her forehead; I wanted to tell her,
“I just saw you, when I came in; you were well, completely cured. You were going shopping for a car” but I kept my vision to myself.

As she looked up at me she seemed puzzled,
“What’s that on your face?” I got up and went to the mirror and found a small spot of maroon lipstick on my face.
© Copyright 2018 PJ Mack (pj-mccall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160222-I-Wished-You-Well