*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160371-Miss-Cecil
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #2160371
Clarence is wary of Miss. Cecil and for a good reason.
Clarence wasn't fond of his neighbor, Miss. Cecil, at all. Something about her wasn't right. She was friendly enough, for sure, but the aura about her appeared dull and flawed, like something malevolent lurked just underneath.

On Mondays, Samantha, Clarence's wife, would come home from one of the lesser known beauty shops of Youngstown, Ohio to give Clarence the spiel on the gossip she'd heard. Most of Samantha's stories were nothing but jibberish, but over time, a few of them captured his attention like the four strange stories which dealt with the beauty makeovers Miss. Cecil offered occasionally. She'd undercut the beauty shop prices and most women were pleased with their results. However, four women disappeared after receiving their makeovers. Those families summoned the police, and after countless searches, the women were never heard from again.

One day Samantha mentioned they she'd like to visit Miss. Cecil since the prices at the beauty shop were getting too high. An argument ensued. Clarence explicitly forbade Samantha to go there. Nevertheless, just to spite Clarence, she made an appointment and visited the rundown house without Clarence's knowledge.

When Clarence returned from work that day, one look at Samantha took his breath away. A strange spell came over him. She was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous...too gorgeous. In fact, she was so lovely that he wished to be the only person that ever saw her.
In a fit of passion and deep love, he pick up a knife and chased Samantha. Once he caught her, he held her in the tub and slit her wrists. Once she was dead, he preserved her in a small room in the basement so no one else would gaze at her loveliness but himself.




© Copyright 2018 Pernell Rogers (arogers270 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160371-Miss-Cecil