*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160517-The-Last-Day-of-School
Rated: E · Monologue · Opinion · #2160517
A Complaint
 The Last Day of School  (E)
A Complaint
#2160517 by Chris Breva


201 words

The last day of school here in West Virginia was just last week. I do not feel the school system here was fair to the students. We had a teacher's strike during the school year and the students were forced to extend their school year to make up the days the teachers were on strike. Oh how often this type of thing happens. Adults have a problem and children end up being caught up in it. I say we should just leave the children alone! The students in West Virginia did not go on strike so why should they be forced to extend their stay in school because the teachers walked out? I think that was a whole lot of nonsense. I don't know about anybody else but I guarantee you I will remember the bureaucrats and politicians who were unfair to the students here. The politicians will be coming up for election again and I will vote for their opponents even if I don't like their opponents! Fair is fair. Students are required to go to school. It isn't right that they should miss an entire week of their vacation because a bunch of adults could not settle their differences!
© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160517-The-Last-Day-of-School