*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2161200-Teamwork
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2161200
Three Minute Read
Teamwork

“It’s too heavy, we can’t get it across this opening.” Jib said.

“What if we just push it off? We could drag it right across the floor to the door from there!” Tip asked.

“Yeah... but it would be all squished then...”

“Could we get it to the floor another way? It would be so much easier to go through that door...”

“Hum...” Jib thought, “Well, if we took the two that are stuck together, maybe we could hang them over that string thing and slide them down...”

“Oh yeah! Let’s try, but that ‘string thing’ is really an electrical cord, it might not be slippery enough.”

“Get that soap over there. Soap makes stuff slippery. We’ll run it down the string, I mean ‘cord’ and make sure it’s slippery.” They both got busy.

Tip ran the soap down the cord, then the two got the ‘stuck together ones’ down and hung them over the cord. They slid right down! On the floor they pushed them to the door and out, then all the way down the hill to the shed, getting them in place just as Dad got up and came in.

“Happy Father’s Day!” The boys yelled jumping up and down. Dad was truly impressed, and they all gathered around to share the gift.

Back in the kitchen, Alice looked over at the counter. “Henry Alexander Green!” she yelled up to her husband, “You knew I was saving those to make a bread, how could you eat two of my good bananas last night? And don’t try to blame it on mice this time!!”
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2161200-Teamwork