*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2161738-Sibling-jealousy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #2161738
A short Story
Counselling is a tough job.
When I asked a girl long ago, why she misbehaved this was her answer:
"They accuse me of being jealous at
as early as when I was eight months old. I was supposed to adjust to every fancies of my elder sister as she was elder said mom.
I have to adjust to all the whims of my younger sister as she was younger. I would have to finish my homework to do my younger sister 's. Then I started fighting for my rights. Then they would yell at me. Still I would be the wrong doer. "
The sobbing youngster inflicted pain in me.
I permitted her to talk till she would be tired of talking. It is a technique I use to help the people to open up.
"What adjustments did you make? "
She fidgeted with the hanky in her hand and bit her lips to tell me:A lot, a lot.But one that sticks to my mind is this: I was gifted a red purse by a friend of my dad for drawing a beautiful landscape. I hung it on the wall besides the land scape. "
She pulled out the picture and threw it in the fire and wanted me to hand over my red purse.Dad promised me another one which I never got."Rolling tears and trembling lips told me that the incident was too much for her but was not as big an issue as she took it for.

I advised her to keep a diary of the events that disturbed her so that she could show them to me later.
Years rolled by. I quit my job to take care of my family and remained a house-wife.
My grandniece wanted a counselling badly and I sat in the chair before the counselor for about an hour when our turn came.
When I was inside the counselor smiled at me :Do you remember me grandma? I am the one who was counselled by you in school days.That day I decided to become one like you. "
I smiled and said :No dear. Your talent was catalysed by sibling jealousy. "
© Copyright 2018 Vandana (vandanar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2161738-Sibling-jealousy