*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2162366-Clangor-and-Hiss
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Outline · Detective · #2162366
Character descriptions
Left in a basket in front of the saloon as an infant, Clangor grew up as a "child of the village". The Sheriff taught her riding and shooting and instilled a sense of justice in her soul. The banker taught her the value of a dollar and the owner of the only mercantile in the dusty town paid her a penny a day to deliver groceries. The preacher taught Clangor mercy and compassion in serving others while the blacksmith had her clanging a beat on hot metal.

Clangor knew she was part Native American but she didn't know from which tribe her parents hailed. Despite a village of adopted aunts, uncle's, fathers, and mothers, Clangor felt like she was missing something.

To combat hole in her heart, Clangor gathered leftover cogs and wheels from her "cousin" at the clock shop and scrounged for screws at her "uncle's" wagon company until she had enough bits and to build a mechanical dog. Dubbed Hiss from its first breath, the creature never left Clangor's side.

As she grew, Clangor learned how to read people as she observed them coming into and out of her old western town. As a teenager she solved many simple mysteries. However, the mystery of where she came from eluded her.

At the age of twenty-one, Clangor officially became a detective and set off into the world with her faithful companion, Hiss, to make her fortune as a detective.

Setting:

Americana, old western

Characters:

Clangor: Half Native American with long black hair, dark eyes, and a willowy figure. She's not very tall, but she knows how to fight. As she was raised by her town, she is a jack-of-all-trades.

Hiss: A mechanical dog that is loyal to Clangor. He is her protector and confidant. He helps solve mysteries by scouting dangerous situations, recording pertinent information or messages, and tripping "bad guys".

Steampunk connection:

Clangor: She loves to tinker with nuts, bolts, and cogs and uses her inventions in her detective work. She is forever upgrading her companion, Hiss.

Hiss: As a mechanical dog, Hiss is the epitome of steampunk.
© Copyright 2018 Genipher (geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2162366-Clangor-and-Hiss