*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2162984-Ultimate-Weapon-Of-Mass-Destruction
Rated: 18+ · Article · Spiritual · #2162984
With the ultimate weapon of mass destruction in reach, why do we still fear?
Social media and the news are chock full of articles proclaiming we are all just one nuke away from being annihilated from the face of the Earth. They would have us believe our existence is in the hands of various world leaders bent on ruling the universe and that there is really very little we as mere ordinary humans can do about it. What’s even worse is that many Brothers and Sisters in Christ believe it and are swallowing into the whole worldly propaganda. Their attention is being distracted off reality and turned towards the things of this world. We completely forget we hold within our hands God’s ultimate weapon of mass destruction, and we forget how to use it. Additionally, we forget who the actual enemy is and that is why we struggle so hard with everything going on around us. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that happens in this world should actually be a surprise to us. Why? Because, our Heavenly Father loves us so much he told us exactly what is going to happen so we would not be blindsided or afraid.

Ephesians 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Let us first establish clearly and without a doubt WHO our enemy actually is. It’s not the Russians. It’s not the dictator of North Korea, and shocking of all, it’s not the liberals or hate groups popping up. It’s not even the Muslims rapidly taking over our Nation. It’s not humans…evil as some of them may be. All those groups of people certainly pose significant mortal danger to Christians. Then, of course you must factor in that we are seeing way more natural disasters than ever before. It seems as if Fat Boy doesn’t nuke us, a hurricane or wildfires will surly wipe us out. Yet, even the wrath of Mother Nature is not our enemy. So, who is our enemy?

1 Peter 5:8 in the Holy Bible says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the DEVIL, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour.

Now wait a minute! Hold on! You mean to tell me the Devil is actually real? Even many of today’s self proclaimed Christians will tell you there is no ACTUAL Devil. Oh, they have all kinds of philosophies and ideals to wipe out the technical issue of the Devil. However, God’s word does not lie. God himself tells us the story of Lucifer. Ezekiel 28, Isaiah 14 and Luke 10 all tell the story about how the most beautiful of God’s angels rebelled and tried to over throw God. It did not end well for Lucifer who became filled with the utmost vile hate and contempt for his creator. Since that time, he has completely, obsessively tried to destroy God’s most prized and most loved of all creations. Mankind. Because of God’s great love for us, the Devil attacks and destroys us, because he knows just how painful the loss of even one soul is to God. God says in his word, he is not willing that ANY should perish, and that he goes to great lengths to reach out and save even just one single soul.

So, the very idea that the Devil is not real is a fatal mistake so many Christians make today. The above verse tells us our enemy is not passive. He does not just sit and wait for us to fall into one of his numerous, well thought up, strategically placed traps. Oh no, he walks around in search of lost or lonely souls. He hunts them out like a predator, Stalks them, chases them and savagely destroys them ripping and shredding them apart in the most sadistic, painful way possible. And let me say, he enjoys it immensely. Especially if the soul he is crushing is a soul that has been paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ. That makes the kill even more enjoyable and tasty.

If the Devil is real and as horrible and powerful as the Bible says, then we are all doomed. How can any mere mortal human ever hope to stand up to much less overcome an enemy of such great strength? Before reading this, you were worried about the dangers reported in the headlines. Now, I’ve just told you they are all child’s play when compared to the real enemy.

Joshua 1:9 “Have I not COMMANDED you be strong and of Good courage. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Over 70 times in God’s word, He tells us to fear not. In fact, it’s actually a command. Many verses can be found in God’s word that tells us God is with us. He is an ever present help in the time of need. He will never leave nor forsake us. God is our shelter, our protector and he even says that the weapons formed against us will not prosper. His word is filled with words of comfort, encouragement and gives us clear, specific instructions on HOW to defeat, overcome and SCARE the Devil. God’s word, the Holy Bible…that book you have laying in a drawer or on a shelf collecting dust…that book…the one you haven’t actually read, or haven’t looked at in months is actually every Christians Weapon of Mass Destruction. When used properly, God’s word is like ten nuclear bombs going off in Hell. We hold within our hands the very ability to make the Devil shriek in fear and run away.

In Hebrews 4:12 God’s word says, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing of the soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” God has given us all the weapons of warfare we need against our enemy. However, to know what they are and how to use them we first must read our Bibles. God’s instruction manual and battle plans.

Within God’s word he also lays out clearly the way things are going to go down in the last days. He tells us what to expect and he tells us HOW the end of the Earth is going to happen. He warns us we will hear all kinds of horrific, shocking things and not to be afraid. He gives us HIS plans, tells us what is going to happen and in what order. Nothing has changed. God’s word does not change; it is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Brothers and Sisters, today is a new day. Today, you can stop living in fear. You can stop worrying and stop letting the things of this Earth steal your God given peace. You can stop the Devil from tormenting you and put him in his place. You can nuke hell and unleash complete terror upon your real enemy. First, however, you must pick up your ultimate weapon of Mass destruction, dust it off, open it and read it. Not just read it. You must study it. Learn it. Memorize it. (See article Have Your Weapon Ready). Today is the day you can take control and banish fear from your life.
© Copyright 2018 Writerlady1904 (writerlady1904 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2162984-Ultimate-Weapon-Of-Mass-Destruction