*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2163297-Drunken-thoughts-on-heartbreak
Rated: E · Monologue · Drama · #2163297
I fell in love for the wrong reasons and grew.
I fell in love for the wrong reasons and grew. These are my drunken thoughts on the subway instead of drunkenly texting.

'On a completely random day, on the 28th floor of a stunning building next to the Flat Iron, I was admiring the impressive view of the concrete jungle, feeling content and grateful. But it hit me. I miss him. I miss driving in the passenger seat on a sunny day with the music blasting. I was really happy, I was really in love. And I knew he was secretive, occasionally shady, grumpy and self-centered. But the few good qualities and the good times made me forget the bad flaws and sad moments. The times when I told myself we needed to break it off, but I didn't want to let go. I didn't want to be on my own in the city. I didn't want to meet other people because I had already had, and it wasn't the same.
We still ended things, we no longer have any contact. I was told he moved to who-the-fuck-cares, New York.


Listen, I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know why thing turn out the way they do.
All I know is, one year ago I was so in love with you. You were my favorite person and I knew I would not find anyone like you. You were a selfish, only child brat that judged anything you didn't know about but thought you were an open-minded person. You were stuck in the idea of who you think I was and never really wanted to learn the truth.
But here I am still thinking of you when we would be soon a part for a year.
I have no idea what's going to happen. And that's why my mind goes back to the past.'


© Copyright 2018 Nelly Maiwan (nellymaiwan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2163297-Drunken-thoughts-on-heartbreak