*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2163451-The-Suicide-Pact
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #2163451
based off a writing prompt. please let me know what you think of it so far.
Kyra sat in the circle with her arms wrapped around her waist. She sank farther down onto the metal chair as the leader of the meeting asked who would like to share next. Kyra looked away from the woman, hoping her lack of eye contact would show her disinterest in sharing.

“Kyra, we haven’t heard from you yet. Would you like to share why you’re here? Nobody here will judge.” The woman’s tone was soft and inviting. Her face showed her concern as she laced her hands together and placed them on her lap. Kyra took a deep breath and sat up a little straighter. Her voice came out slightly hoarse as she began to speak.

“I’m here because my parents insisted that since I failed at suicide I now need to be fixed.” Kyra looked around at the group around her. Their faces showed their emotions no matter how hard they tried to hide it. Every person in that room was broken and all they cared about was themselves. They didn’t care what she had to say. They wanted pity on nobody but themselves. Each one a failed attempt at death. Kyra glanced at the leader, hoping her sarcastic reply was enough to stop talking.. The woman encouraged her to continue with a wave of her hand.

“There was four of us.” The faces of her three friends flashed before her eyes. Kyra screwed them closed and ran a hand over her face as she continued.

“Their names were Natalie, Carter, and Dallas. We did everything together. We even tried to die together.”
© Copyright 2018 Bradley (tbrad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2163451-The-Suicide-Pact