*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164168-A-man-in-his-mind
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #2164168
This short paragraph explains the pains of living inside your own head
I live alone, concealed within the confines of my own conscience. I look into the mirror of my mind, tears run down my face as the memory of another broken thought runs through my head. I try to look away but I can’t. Voices call my name but they all sound the same. I can no longer feel, I can no longer think. The hallow essence of my mind begins to crumble as the shrieks of forgotten faces flash before my weeping eyes. Will no one save me? Will I ever escape this prison? My ears ring deaf with the message of music but the screams only grow louder. I want to shut it off and just float within my emptiness, but I can’t. My soul has collapsed, after so much laughter, happiness, crying and sadness, it can take no more. Will I ever be the same? Am I always set to play this game? Just please remember my name. My eyes stare hopelessly into the night as the shell of my spirit lays before you, waiting to break free.































© Copyright 2018 Juntice (juntice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164168-A-man-in-his-mind