*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164346-Throwing-knives
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #2164346
Do not read if you do not like blood or death
I felt a chill run through my body as his hands touched my face and he kissed my neck. The little hairs on my body stood up. It was no longer a dream, but a reality. He started by kissing my neck, then making his way to my lips. A rush of excitement flowed through me now. But before his lips touched mine, a horrible choking sound came from his mouth, and he fell to the ground. A shiny silver blade stuck in his back.
I looked up, and saw a figure, too small to be a man, standing in the shadows. She held four more knives, three in one hand and one in the other. She was clearly getting ready to throw it.
I heard a swish of movement, then she was gone. Before I turned around completely, a rush of cold flew by my right ear. I stopped dead, not wanting to turn around and see what I knew she was going to do. I was right, and a second knife flew past me. Then, a third. I was getting ready to see a fourth, wondering what side it would come from, when I heard another choking sound. This time, it was coming from my own mouth. The woman had hit her target and it was all over for me.
The rush of excitement had left my body as soon as Kyle had fell to the ground, dead. Now, the only thing left in me was the cold feeling of death inside my body. If the woman had been a bit more precise, she would have hit me in the spin and ended me right away. Instead, she missed and hit me in the kidney. I was suffering now. My breath coming out in hoarse gasps. The woman, gone now, had taken the one thing that mattered to me, Kyle. So I was okay with death. I only wish it had come sooner.
Right now, I lay on the ground, losing blood and slipping in and out of conciseness. I had no idea how long I had been there, when I heard a key in the door. It was my older sister Maggie. I can only imagine how she would have felt to come home one day to find her sister's boyfriend dead, and her sister on the verge of being lost forever.
I couldn't make out the words coming out of Maggie's mouth, but I could tell she was panicking. She ran around the room, grabbing stuff. I couldn't really see her, but I knew she was there. She knew I was there too. Not yet lost to death.
I soon felt her pressing something cold against my side, pulling me back into conciseness. I opened my eyes, only to find my vision darker and blurrier. Something was off. I suddenly felt more than one Maggie beside me. It took me a while, but I finally knew what was happening. I was in an ambulance. I could feel my wound, now bleeding heavier than before. I tried to talk, but my mouth wouldn't move. My body didn't want to work. I could feel panic flowing through me. It would be the last thing I ever felt.
My body was shutting itself down. My vision was now completely gone. My mouth not wanting to open. I tried taking a breath, but no air would come. My brain was the last thing to go. I could still think once my body had stopped. But it didn't last long. I told myself over and over that it was just one big dream and I would wake up. But when I found it hard for my brain to keep going, I knew it was all over. No more suffering. No more pain. Only death.
© Copyright 2018 Nikki Collins (elliechupka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164346-Throwing-knives