*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164591-Full-Rotation-Frozen-Night
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2164591
In the freezing night, spririts come and haunt those who must make important decisions.
Fear. An endless abyss; a bottomless pit. Yet it surrounded him indefinitely. So many things to fear, so many fears that are subconscious... That in the dark recess of his mind, it still stalks about, patrolling and checking in on the positive sides of his life. It was always there, always making sure that its presence was known. A crushing feeling of fear, always striking and strangling like a python.

That's what it felt like in that moment. A dark hotel room with the curtains flung open to invite the chilled night air. Another winter night, just as frigid as ever. Despite the temperatures, he had to open the window. The cold air would whisk away any worries and freeze him to the bed. The sheets and blanket felt restraining, forcing him onto the mattress against his own will. He shivered and shifted deeper into the restraints letting them cling tighter, letting them lull him into a false warmth.

A comfortable heat isn't easy to find, however. He quickly sits up later in the night, black hair clinging to his face as his eyes quickly adjust to the dark room. He's greeted by a snow covered room, a gentle stream of white rolling in from the window. It swirls about innocently, before the harsh cold of it stings him. He pulls at his hair, removing the damp strands of hair from his forehead before laying back down on the pillow. The sound of the breeze becomes relaxing, while the gentle tap of the snowflakes creates a rhythm when combined with the other sounds of the winter night.

He wakes a second time that night, but this time not by a nightmare. He opens his eyes slowly, a sleepy haze clouding his vision. The snow has formed a thin sheet over the blankets, and a faint sound of movement awakes him. He sits up, cursing himself for moving so slowly, but is halted by the appearance of white hair, green eyes, and a kind smile.

"Sorry for waking you, Rian." He speaks softly and sits at the small table by the back of the room, a warm cup in his hands. The small trail of heat rising from the cup makes his appearance somewhat mystical.

"What are you doing here, Nair? How did you even find me?" He asks, mildly annoyed, but relieved that it's only this boy. He looks to his window momentarily.
"You can guess how I got in... But it wasn't hard to find you." He takes a leisurely sip from his cup before continuing, "...It's never been hard to find you." Nair's voice is surprisingly calm, and his tone is relaxed.

"Fine. What I meant, is what're you doing here?" He gets out of the bed, sleepily closing the window and the curtains. The cold of the room is enough now, Rian wants heat now.

"I'm here for you." He says simply, the cup making a soft clank as it sets back on the table. Rian gives the other a confused look,

"Sure... Cut the crap. What are you really here for?" He says, sitting on the bed and glaring sleepily at Nair.

"I'm here for you. No joke. I'm here to save you." Rian flinched, and then laughed a bit cruelly.

"Okay, since when did you lose it? Ya know, your sanity?" Nair calmly smiles again, his smile pure and nice. A form of light seems to surround him.

"You know what I mean. Are you ready to cut your own crap? I'm here to talk seriously." Rian sighs, yawning as he glances to an old alarm clock in the corner of the room. Its faint red numbers showing rather nicely in the darkness of the room. 3 A.M.

"A serious conversation at 3 a.m. About what?" Nair takes another drink of his cup before getting up and moving to the bed beside Rian.
"Put simply, about you." A look of annoyance crosses Rian's features. He had told the other several times that he didn't like talking about himself.

"You know how I feel about that." He stated simply. A tone of strong defiance in his voice. Nair gave a small shake of his head,

"But Rian... You of all people should know... There's nothing to fear." Nair says, his voice smooth. However, the faint glint in his eye as he looks to Rian is a sign of something more sinister going on in his head.

"What are you saying Nair? You got something in mind, tell me." Rian demands, his eyes gaining a distrustful narrow.

"I'm not suggesting anything. Just say what's on your mind. It's what's keeping you here after all." Nair says, his head turned toward the now closed window. Despite there being no form of light in the room, seeing is rather easy.

"Nair, what's wrong with you? I mean, what the hell? What do you mean?" Rian glares at the other boy sitting next to him. The room starting to become tense from the suspicion.

"Open up, Rian. Do it." Nair says, turning to look at the other directly. Green now burning into gold. "You need to tell me everything. Or else you'll be stuck here! Can't you see that...?" He shifts, grabbing the other by his shoulders, "And I don't want that..." He leans closer to the other, both looking at each other for a moment, before Nair kisses Rian. It's quick, but efficient.

"Because I love you." He pushes Rian down, "But you're stuck somewhere else!" He shakes the other hard. "Your stuck here because you can't admit your own feelings to yourself! You can't escape your feelings! Your fears! Your loves! Your feelings! They're all a part of you! They're all parts of the Rian I love." The boy beneath his grip him blushes in embarrassment. His mind thrown into a whirlwind of thoughts. What does this all mean? Since when did Nair love him? Why is all this happening?

"Nair!" He shouts, grabbing the other's shoulders. "I still don't... Understand. What's happening? I don't get it!" Nair's grip loosens. His face becoming darker in sadness.

"I just don't want to lose you, Rian. I need to hear what you want, what you need. I just need to know." He pauses, and then looks again to Rian's face. "Please, Rian." An anger starts to form in the other.

"This is so sudden! I still don't even know how I feel about you! What's wrong with you, coming to me at 3 in the morning with this deep emotional shit! I'm too tired for all this right now!" He snarls, pushing the other back. His glare scorning and his anger bursting through his hand.

"Rian... I'm sorry..." Nair says quietly, looking at the other. His own expression looking deeply hurt. A physical pain shoots through Rian, hard enough to knock his breath out of him.

"No, I'm sorry." He bites his lip, "I just don't know how to feel... I just want something... But I don't know what... Nair." He pauses, grabbing the other a bit roughly. "I just want you." He kisses Nair hard. They break away both equally breathless.

"I owe you an explanation." Nair says, licking his lips nervously. "I feel everything you've felt, I don't know why... But when I'm close to you, I see it. I see all the things you hate, what you love, what you hate. I've seen it all, and I've FELT it all. Just like I was there." Rian clutches his fist tightly and feels a heavy guilt form in his gut. "I guess I just wanted to know if you've felt anything like that. It wasn't my right to force you into it. But lately, I just can't stop thinking about all you've experienced..." He looks a bit guilty as he blushes a bit. "I felt your loneliness. I just wanted to help..." He looks back to Rian. "I'm sorry."

"Your sorry? I'm sorry. You don't have any reason to apologize... I just, don't know what to do about... Feelings. They're so hard to work with." He grits his teeth. "And now I feel like a jerk, making you apologize like that." Nair grabs his wrist a bit forcefully.

"I know that no one ever stopped you from doing this." He says, stopping Rian from drawing blood from his palm. "You hurt yourself. People hurt you. You hated it. I just want to protect you from that." Rian gives a light growl as he pulls away his hand.

"I don't want to hear it..." He says, his voice somewhat shaky.
"I know. I know how hard it hurt, the needles. The pain of being a monster, created in a lab. The pain of that dark room where they locked you up and restrained you to continue running tests..." Rian's rage was relight,

"Nair. Stop it. I don't wanna hear it! Just shut up!" He yelled, standing up.

"No. You need to listen. You have to accept it Rian. Stop rejecting it and do what you hate the most... Be vulnerable. Let me see you the way you don't want anyone else in the world to see you." Nair said, making chains of ice out of the accumulated snow. "You can't leave here until you do." Rian furiously pulled at the newfound restraints, his anger blinding his trust.

"Never! What the hell kind of friend are you! Get the hell out of here! Leave me the hell alone!" He screamed, a large gear forming in front of him, it gained a slightly spiked appearance from his anger manifesting in his powers.

"You could never hurt me. You love me. You can deny all your feelings but love is the strongest." Rian yanked at the chains.

"Liar!" The cog shot forward, but miraculously dissolved before his eyes upon reaching its target.

"Who's the liar now? Just let me help you, Rian..." He says, the pain evident in his voice. "We can share the pain." He says, moving forward. The chains dissolving from Rian's wrists. "We can share the suffering." Rian fell forward, onto his hands and knees, looking to his wrists. "No more nightmares. I'll make you feel better." The pain in his wrists radiating through his body, the bruises put there by himself. Nair extends his hand,

"Nair. It just hurts. It all hurts. Just make it stop..." He says, lowering his head to the floor. A dark aura starts radiating from Rian.

"Do you realize now? That I can stop it. Without a painful needle, all you need to do is keep talking. Tell me what hurts, Rian." He says, regaining his calm disposition, crouching down in front of him. He lowers his hand to Rian's head, resting in his black hair.

"I just... Hate all that... I hate everything... Except you... I fear everything... I fear it all, but not you. Why are you... The exception?" Nair rubs Rian's head gently, a warm smile on his lips.
"We're each other's salvation Rian. You just have to let the light in. Because there's nothing to fear. There's never been anything to be afraid of." Rian feels a thick gravity, and he feels a tear run off his nose. Did he start crying? Why does it all feel so heavy? Yet so light?

"You're okay now, Rian. You just had to stop blaming yourself, because you were never the problem."

"How am I... Supposed to be... Salvation to you...?" Rian asks, letting the tears flow from his eyes. Nair moves closer, shifting the other's head onto his thigh.

"I don't know. But you don't have to cry about it... I guess we'll find that part out. We'll find it-" He's stuck speechless as Rian kisses his cheek, his fingers now intertwined with the other's.

"Together. We'll do it together."
© Copyright 2018 SasoriTheSergal (sasorixsergal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164591-Full-Rotation-Frozen-Night