*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164767-Secrets
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #2164767
Just listen... you’ll find something.
We were friends. We had always been friends since we were in the second grade, all four of us. Now, years later we were now moving in into the eighth grade. They all had my back, and I theirs.

Then something happened. I know not what it was. It just happened; first one broke off, then the other two followed suit days later. When I approached them, they tried madly to shut te conversation down.

I knew it was true, but my heart wanted to say otherwise. The three of them were hiding something from me. What was it that they were hiding from me? When had this secret developed? Who started it? Why wasn’t I aware of it? I absolutey refused to accept that it was about me. But with shock, I realized I was right. If the secret had involved me, I would know about it. But it didn’t. I wasn't even in the equation.

Everyday from when I had realized the truth, I shied away from them. Then others close to them, next was my other friends, after them it was my own family. Last was everyone else. My family tried to pry, I shut them out. Others at school tried to befriend me, but I always panicked and ran.

Over the course of these events repeating, my confusion and panicked turned into misery. I had learned my lesson. Friends were a bomb; they would eventually blow up on you. I wouldn’t allow myself to fall to them again. I gradually fell into a silent, shy character that never ventured out for stability: friends.

It was time to go into Sophmore year, and a day that I thought would never come arrived. We had always been friends since we were in the second grade, all four of us. Now, years later, they had come back to me. Apologizing, they wanted to return to what was our golden friendship. Begging, they wanted me to understand. They didn’t want their secret getting in the way.

That secret. There it was again, always haunting in the shadows. After two years, I still wondered what is was. No clues ever revealed themselves except it didn’t involve me. No, secrets never did. But I still wanted to know. It just burst out of me, I asked what they were hiding from me.

And they told me.
© Copyright 2018 HeLl'sAngEL437 (fishstick24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164767-Secrets