*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165005-June-Meeting-of-the-River-Valley-Flyers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Documentary · Action/Adventure · #2165005
Monthly meeting held first Monday in June 2018
The meeting convened at 1830 hrs.

Those Attending: Don, Roger, Bob B, Bob O, Ron, Rick, Ralph, Larry, John and Don R.

Treasurer's Report:

Opening: $3656.63
Closing: $3480.36

The Secretaries Report was read.

The two reports were accepted.

Old Business:

Ron had a question on what we thought the road would cost? A discussion followed. A comment was made by John that it would be a shame if we paid $ 2000 and then got booted off the property. Rick agreed and said that for 2K we need to try and get some form of lease. Roger said we were talking really about two estimates. One to fix the road and the other to take down the hill... that would give us 75 more feet. Roger said he had no idea when we would receive the estimate. Don said "The longer we can go with the old road the better."

The discussion turned to the field. It was reported that Allen would apply the fungicide in the near future. Don said the mowing looked good and complimented everybody on the success of our efforts. This was the third year we had not had to run the sprinklers.

A question was raised on how short to cut the grass. Bob O was concerned that if we cut it too short and had hot weather we might burn the grass up.

Roger reported that Ace wanted to know if we wanted to use the 4th of July for another fund raiser. This is a big money day, If we want it we can have it. Ace was pleased with the way we cleaned up and left the handicapped parking open. Allen said that he would participate.

New Business:

Don said it was a great invitation but perhaps the club is a little burned out with the Brat Fry and Fun Fly we just completed. A vote followed, 5 No and 4 Yes. The close vote reflected concern over future potential costs of the road and scheduling problems with many of the members that precluded participation in another fundraiser.

A motion was made to adjourn and carried at 1915.

Robert P. Barclay
Secretary

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165005-June-Meeting-of-the-River-Valley-Flyers