*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165215-Him
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #2165215
About the wait for a love.
Him.

She waited. Not in a coffee shop. In life. As years passed her by. As the years became decades. As she turned from a girl to a woman. To an old woman. The love never stopped. Couldn’t stop.

She waited. As he lived his life. As she lived hers. As he married. And so did she.

It wasn’t desire. It was love.

------------------------------

He was there. As he had always been. Waiting.
Now with hair oh so white. And those eyes. Eyes that looked at her. through her. Into her. Knew all about her.

But lips that stayed silent. Beautiful big lips that had always loved her. Respected her. Admired her.

Arms. Bulging under that shirt. So big he could lift her. But wouldn’t.

Hands so gentle he could caress her. But wouldn’t.
Face so high she would have to tip toe to kiss. But wouldn’t.

A silence of a second so long. Longer than years. Of decades.

Broken by the others. By the ones they loved too. The ones they were loyal to.
Facades constructed. And love made to wait. Again.
-------------------------

Years spent. Happy years. Interspersed with a want. Years sprinkled with tears for the one they love. But Couldn’t.
And so they remained friends. With facades.
Knowing everything. Yet nothing.
--------------------

She called him. Her hair now thin and white. Beautiful white and shining.
Her face soft and filled with laugh lines. Her hands now weak and wrinkled. Hands that dared to hold his now.
She lay on that bed. For the last time. Holding the hand that she waited close to a century to hold. To love.
Looking into the face of the man she had loved since she was a child.

Probity held no bounds now. She held the face, the mind, she had loved forever. And they kissed.

They kissed for the lost years. They kissed for their happy lives. They kissed for their separate lives. They kissed cause they loved. They kissed cause true love gives freedom. They kissed cause true love gives.

And they had given. Their entire lives.
Waited. Their entire lives.

But now was their time.
Her last few minutes in his arms. Eternal minutes. The years and decades seemed so short now.

They kissed. As she took her last. And into eternity they went. Together.
© Copyright 2018 IllogicalWoman (illogicalwoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165215-Him