*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165331-Secrets-Revealed
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #2165331
Remember my short story Secrets? Some of you wanted to know the secret... here it is...
Do you know what it’s like when your life-long friends suddenly abandon you and two years later they want to get back together like nothing happened? Yeah, I didn’t think so. But I know what it’s like. My friend, the first one who left, wasn’t my closest friend. The other two, well, they were almost family. Their betrayal hurt the most.

Do you know what its like to have those years of misery lifted from you only to be slammed into your face? Of course you don’t, but I do. When they showed up together, my heart soared into the clouds with joy. I though... no, I knew they were coming back for me. They never meant to leave me, I just didn’t see it coming. But no, that’s not the case.

Once they told me, I scoffed. My mind filled with numbness from disbelieve. No... it couldn’t be true. They meant perfectly well to desert me and let me fend for myself. The secret, that little twisted piece of insanity, had been nothing. I had drug myself into depression and woe over something that didn’t even tie together the whole story.

Someone had died. No, murder. Someone was killed.

As much as the secret was interesting, what did it have to do with me? Nothing, that’s right, I knew it had nothing to do with me. But it was still an interesting subject. I was willing to forgive them if they told me all of it; I was terrified of dipping back into the grasp of misery. I needed friends again, I realized that now.

And yet when my old friends looked at me, I knew that the story went deeper. I didn’t get to know who died yet. That secret wasn’t for me yet. And the plot thickens.

© Copyright 2018 HeLl'sAngEL437 (fishstick24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165331-Secrets-Revealed